Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 151
  1. #121
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores View Post
    I think Punta Cana is a good vacation product that over the year got better... it is rest and leisure tourism. It is not for everyone. But from my experience traveling in the Caribbean, I can speculate the product in its kind -- beach tourism -- is hard to beat.

    Think Disney, it's not for everyone, the same way Las Vegas is not for everyone, as mentioned above. But Punta Cana delivers very comfortable and relaxing hotel stays with a very good beach, very good weather, lots of people eager that you have a good time....
    I agree with you. Recently, I visited for the first time, and it was a nice sterile environment. A friend, who craves the all-inclusive do not have to deal with the regular folk environment, enjoyed it very much. I thought that it was an overpriced but nice day trip. When the server told me the price for a drink, I could not stop laughing. I told him in Spanish that the supermarket down the road sold all the ingredients for less and would yield ten drinks. We both laughed. I paid it, and enjoyed our conversation. Now, the visitors thought that the price was reasonable. The beach was nice and clean, but it had too many tourists for me. Hence the reason tourists like it. In fact, you did not need to know Spanish there. I could have been on Miami beach, except I only paid RD$200 to park. I bargained to get that rate. Punta Cana serves its purpose well. I would rather be on the beach in Miches.

  2. Likes Auryn liked this post
  3. #122
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you are a beach type of person you will definitely enjoy spending a vacation at Punta Cana.

  4. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
  5. #123
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some people like to spend a week in a cabin on a lake fishing. Different strokes for different folks.

  6. Likes drstock liked this post
  7. #124
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Some people like to spend a week in a cabin on a lake fishing. Different strokes for different folks.
    Why don't you post a link where we can spend a week in a cabin on a lake fishing in the DR? I would love to do this also.

  8. #125
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Why don't you post a link where we can spend a week in a cabin on a lake fishing in the DR? I would love to do this also.
    The OP was comparing Puerto Plata vs. Punta Cana as a place to live, work, socialize etc. Of course the vacation resort aspect came up pretty fast.

  9. #126
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    On the positive side, PC is one of the main engines of tourism in the DR economy and it introduces many tourists to the beaches and climate of the DR. it whets their appetite and I suspect many of these tourists return and explore other areas of the DR. Who cares where the spinoffs come from, as long as they come.

  10. Likes keepcoming liked this post
  11. #127
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,019
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We seem to be identifying the difference between a casual visitor/tourist and someone who lives here.

    There is a difference.....

    Punta Cana seems to hit the target for visitors..... which is their main objective

  12. #128
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Why don't you post a link where we can spend a week in a cabin on a lake fishing in the DR? I would love to do this also.
    I was mainly referring to vacationers in the US and I'm sure Canada, also who stay right there. I'm sure it could be found here in the DR, too.

    Some people just want to relax and have no hassles on their vacation. They're not interested in sightseeing, tours, or adventure trips. Many have never seen an ocean and a tropical vacation is their dream.

    Neither Sosua nor Santo Domingo is their idea of a family vacation. For these people, Punta Cana is the perfect destination and really fits the bill. It has a lot to offer for those so inclined.

  13. Likes Riva_31, Caonabo liked this post
  14. #129
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I was mainly referring to vacationers in the US and I'm sure Canada, also who stay right there. I'm sure it could be found here in the DR, too.

    Some people just want to relax and have no hassles on their vacation. They're not interested in sightseeing, tours, or adventure trips. Many have never seen an ocean and a tropical vacation is their dream.

    Neither Sosua nor Santo Domingo is their idea of a family vacation. For these people, Punta Cana is the perfect destination and really fits the bill. It has a lot to offer for those so inclined.
    PC has some great resorts for vacationers, couples, families etc. And if you want to leave the resort and hit some some night spots, do some shopping etc, it is safer than the overall Cancun area and Jamaica.

  15. #130
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    PC has some great resorts for vacationers, couples, families etc. And if you want to leave the resort and hit some some night spots, do some shopping etc, it is safer than the overall Cancun area and Jamaica.
    as a Jamaican, i will have to take you to task here, and ask you to define what you mean when you say ''it is safer than the overall Cancun area and Jamaica.

    so, give us some definition. where is safer? you mean the entire country, or just the tourist areas?

    do you have figures, or are you flying by the seat of your pants here?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •