Changing Money

S

Samana_Sanchez

Hi Guys,
Just wondering where would be the best place to change British sterling into Dominican pesos.
I will be staying in Las terrenas, however I do fly into the capital so that could be an option too.
Where in Las terrenas would be the best place to do this please, thank you.

Z

zoomzx11

Hi Guys,
Just wondering where would be the best place to change British sterling into Dominican pesos.
I will be staying in Las terrenas, however I do fly into the capital so that could be an option too.
Where in Las terrenas would be the best place to do this please, thank you.

Caribe Express usually has fair exchange rates.
You can use the inet to see the daily exchange rate.
Changing money is a business.
The people you would expect to be fair and honest like the banks and the airport money change can be a rip.
Its buyer beware. Just ask, "cual es la tasa de cambio".

F

Fulano2

I agree, Caribe is the best if you dont have fam in the business...

D

Derfish

I agree, Caribe is the best if you dont have fam in the business...

Avoid the dudes walking in the street calling out "Change, chains!" If I wanted Chains I would go elsewhere!
Derfish

R

RonS

I never change currency at SDQ unless absolutely necessary and only then as little as is necessary to serve a particular purpose. I generally use one of two casa de cambios in LT. There is a booth inside the Paseo that exchanges currency and there is a casa de cambio on the main calle running through LT very near the Paseo to the right of exiting. I avoid the ATMs as I have had my card cloned which was not a disaster, but caused me a major inconvenience. Enjoy LT! It's one of my favorite places in the DR!