New Corporate Identity for Airports under Aerodom-Vinci Airports

W

windeguy

If they could only attract more north coast business and reduce "fees upon fees" in some negotiating with the government. I know, that is dreaming in technicolor these days.

R

Riva_31

If they could only attract more north coast business and reduce "fees upon fees" in some negotiating with the government. I know, that is dreaming in technicolor these days.

Goverment fee are the same in all airports, but the problem with POP is not fees, when tourism finally wake up flights will go back, brst thing could happend in POP is Amber Cove become in home port, that would bring more flights into POP.

W

windeguy

Goverment fee are the same in all airports, but the problem with POP is not fees, when tourism finally wake up flights will go back, brst thing could happend in POP is Amber Cove become in home port, that would bring more flights into POP.

I have read about the discussion that the fees are the same at all airports and seen those who disagree. I have no idea other than what other people say on that point.

Of course if demand returns, then more flights would happen and competition would benefit the customer. That return of demand seems very unlikely any time soon and it has been bad for years with no sign of an uptick on the North Coast.

A home port implies Amber Cove can be the origin and return for a cruise. Where is that even mentioned as a possibility of happening?

And if it became possible that Amber Cove is a home port, why would people fly to the DR instead of departing from, let's say, Miami to do that?

I don't understand the cruise business and never understood why someone could not use every cruise stop as a "home port" if all the ship does is go on a continuous loop.

I understand another cruise port will be built in the city of Puerto Plata. Did you mean that would be a home port? My same questions apply as to why anyone would fly into and out of the DR to use that as a home port.

Last edited: