Cable del Norte -- HBO

E

Expat-in-Cabarete

Cable del Norte's channel guide shows HBO as channel 500 but what this channel broadcasts appears to be Oxygen channel.

Anyone figured out which channel is HBO?

I complained to Cable del Norte and they just don't seem to get it. We have several TVs and cable boxes all doing the same since they shuffled channel location or did some sort of upgrade some months ago.

Thanks

D

drstock

Cable del Norte's service has been terrible lately. Several advertised channels have disappeared including HBO, as you say, and also others such as BBC News and Showtime. Of the ones that are still working, some have very bad signals and are unwatchable with bad pixellation (if that's the word). Next time I go their office I will complain as well, if it hasn't improved by then, and if we keep at them, and ask our friends to do so too, we might get something done. But don't hold your breath.

T

the gorgon

Cable del Norte's service has been terrible lately. Several advertised channels have disappeared including HBO, as you say, and also others such as BBC News and Showtime. Of the ones that are still working, some have very bad signals and are unwatchable with bad pixellation (if that's the word). Next time I go their office I will complain as well, if it hasn't improved by then, and if we keep at them, and ask our friends to do so too, we might get something done. But don't hold your breath.

i have had no ends of foolishness from Telecable Central in POP, to the point that i just cancelled them. i do not know much about this stuff, but i think the local guys all want to steal the signal, and sometimes get outfoxed.. i do not think that if they were paying, they would be having all these failures..

E

Expat-in-Cabarete

Thanks. Your post confirms that I'm not going crazy. The young lady in the office talked to me as if I was going nuts. No matter how I explained it, she wouldn't understand or pretended not to.

D

DarkGuanix

I talked to a friend of mine that works there early this week, he explained that channel 500 HBO and 501 HBO 2 are HBOs from Unite States and the company is negotiating to get them back because they’re not supposed to be viewed here in DR in the first place. That’s why we still get 502 HBO LA which is for Latin America.
For Showtime and BBC News I don’t know you but we still get them here. You should check your box if it’s not updated because they made changes in their channels guide a few months ago to be able to add more channels organized. Maybe your box is not updated. You should also check the new guide at their web page www.cabledelnorte.com.

Hope that helps ;)

E

Expat-in-Cabarete

Thanks. At the very least, they should turn off their onscreen guide showing 500-501 are HBO.