Looking for Sinus Treatment

E

El Cajero

I'm looking for an Ear Nose Throat doctor with state of the art equipment. I had sinus surgery in the US. Every two weeks post op my surgeon would use her endoscope to vacuum out my sinus'. This is a very easy process which takes about 2 minutes to do. BUT, the doctor needs the latest equipment with a scope which has the camera, light and vacuum.

I've tried to find a doctor in POP but with no luck. They have old equipment. I'm resigned to going to Santiago or Santo Domingo but would like to have some leads before I go.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Latest equipment yeah right. Good luck, not going to be easy to find. You need a referral from a medical professional who knows the players in the larger cities. The odds of anyone here knowing a doctor with the particular equipment you need is remote. Your best bet is someone within the system knowing someone...

E

Ecoman1949

I’ve used the HOMS hospital in Santiago. They have the newest medical equipment. Better than equipment I’ve seen in Canadian hospitals. Get a referral to the ENT there. He or she should have the proper equipment. If you can’t get the procedure you require, would one of the nasal flushing machines , NAVAGE, etc., you buy at drug stores be adequate?

M

Matilda

The best ENT doctor in the country is in Santiago. His name is Eddy Estevez - son of Hillbilly from DR1. I can't remember his phone number, or where I wrote it down, but he gave me my voice back and I know other DR1ers have been very pleased with him. No idea about his equipment - you would have to ask him. He works from Homs and one other Santiago Hospital. His details are online here http://eddyalfonsoestevez.buscamed.do/

Matilda

Reactions: ratzo
C

cobraboy

Try Andy Montesino at Coriminas Clinic in Santiago.

Andy speaks excellent English and is highly competent.

E

El Cajero

As it turned out I gave Puerto Plata one last try. I found an ENT doctor at Clinica Gregorio Hernandez, Dr. Luis Rodriguez. He has modern equipment. He vacuumed out my sinus' and I watched on the monitor. He also gave me instructions for daily sinus rinses and a nose spray which will thin the mucus so it drains easier.

So far I'm very happy with Dr. Rodriguez.

Thanks to everyone who responded with their suggestions.

Reactions: ratzo
C

Cdn_Gringo

Maybe go into the Residents thread and add this ENT Doctor's contact info to the list of important professional contacts - someone else may benefit from your search.

B

buenavides1

I have an allergic rhinitis I have undergone medication for a year it works for some time but now it's back.