Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Sinus treatment

I'm looking for an Ear Nose Throat doctor with state of the art equipment. I had sinus surgery in the US. Every two weeks post op my surgeon would use her endoscope to vacuum out my sinus'. This is a very easy process which takes about 2 minutes to do. BUT, the doctor needs the latest equipment with a scope which has the camera, light and vacuum.

I've tried to find a doctor in POP but with no luck. They have old equipment. I'm resigned to going to Santiago or Santo Domingo but would like to have some leads before I go.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest equipment yeah right. Good luck, not going to be easy to find. You need a referral from a medical professional who knows the players in the larger cities. The odds of anyone here knowing a doctor with the particular equipment you need is remote. Your best bet is someone within the system knowing someone...

3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used the HOMS hospital in Santiago. They have the newest medical equipment. Better than equipment I’ve seen in Canadian hospitals. Get a referral to the ENT there. He or she should have the proper equipment. If you can’t get the procedure you require, would one of the nasal flushing machines , NAVAGE, etc., you buy at drug stores be adequate?

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

The best ENT doctor in the country is in Santiago. His name is Eddy Estevez - son of Hillbilly from DR1. I can't remember his phone number, or where I wrote it down, but he gave me my voice back and I know other DR1ers have been very pleased with him. No idea about his equipment - you would have to ask him. He works from Homs and one other Santiago Hospital. His details are online here http://eddyalfonsoestevez.buscamed.do/

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

6. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Andy Montesino at Coriminas Clinic in Santiago.

Andy speaks excellent English and is highly competent.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As it turned out I gave Puerto Plata one last try. I found an ENT doctor at Clinica Gregorio Hernandez, Dr. Luis Rodriguez. He has modern equipment. He vacuumed out my sinus' and I watched on the monitor. He also gave me instructions for daily sinus rinses and a nose spray which will thin the mucus so it drains easier.

So far I'm very happy with Dr. Rodriguez.

Thanks to everyone who responded with their suggestions.

9. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe go into the Residents thread and add this ENT Doctor's contact info to the list of important professional contacts - someone else may benefit from your search.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an allergic rhinitis I have undergone medication for a year it works for some time but now it's back.