Wound Care Clinic in Sto. Dom.?

L

Lucas61

Hello All,

For me, a normal cut or abrasion, that for the person who heals normally would not need medical attention, well, for me, I do. Diabetics will know what I am talking about.

I have googled "santo domingo clinicas de las heridas" and have come up with nothing. Is anyone aware of a wound care clinic in the capital?

H

Harleysrock

Never heard of that here, my friend with Diabetes just goes to a regular dr or any emerg type place.

C

ctrob

You may not find a Wound Care Center, but you might find help at a Cancer Center. Chemo and other treatments cause the same problem of wounds not healing. They can probably point you towards a Dr that can help. I know for a fact they have patients with that same problem.

I have the same problem occasionally with wounds not healing, mines caused by an oral chemo med. I got so tired of going into the wound care center (US) weekly that I started doing my own debridements. Doc yelled at me for that. The other thing that helps is medical grade honey. A nurse gave me a bunch to take home and the stuff really helps. You can get bandages with Medical Grade Honey built in on Amazon. Pricey but well worth it.

A good wound care center will have a Hyperbolic Chamber (not hyperbareic). i googlized Hyperbolic but couldn't find one in the Caribbean.

Good luck getting relief for that.

D

DR_Guy

There is a doctor in Santo Domingo that treated my friends mom when she had a wound that would heal. Used silver and some sort of vacuum device. Took like 8 months, but it was succesful. PM me if you want me to try to track down the doctor.