Hole in the road - kills

D

Derfish

If anyone has recently driven the North Coast from Gaspar Hernadez to Rio San Juan, there are a couple of unrepaired places that can cause a small car to lose control. Even an SUV could become unstable.

The most severe is on the edge of the East bound side. It needs to be marked, if not repaired.
Here is another incident that cost a young man his life:

https://detrasdelrumor.com.do/2019/...hace-21-dias-hubo-tres-muertos-y-dos-heridos/

In the brand new pavement that was put down in July there is a pothole near the POP airport that threw me. I didn't go down on my bike, but damn near.

C

chico bill

In the brand new pavement that was put down in July there is a pothole near the POP airport that threw me. I didn't go down on my bike, but damn near.
It's what happens when the use cold asphalt, no binder and pave over wet substrate

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

F

Fulano2

Chico, everybody in Magante knows that the locals from La Cantera opened the road to steal the pipes under it. And they keep on doing it knowing that Bahia Will fix it.

Z

zoomzx11

Grab a can of yellow spray paint and mark it.

Even white paint is fine.
Done all the time on the road from Sosua to POP by good citizens looking out for the welfare of others.
Chico Bill is a good citizen and I would wager he did stop and paint the pothole as a warning.
Chico is just not the kind of guy to brag about his good samaritan softer side.

L

ljmesg

It's a massive chasm. The road has basically sunk in. They tried to fill it but all the fill has washed away and it has sunken deeper.

Yellow paint will not prevent anything here. It needs some type of barricade, flags and cones.

A mile East of there is also a large hole, right smack dab in the middle of the road with a yellow square now painted around it.

A little further down is the sunken road bump very near the entrance to Rancho Magante.

Still a litle further East of there are 2 more very bad spots on the road.

It is quite a gauntlet of sorts through that stretch. Be Safe!

Z

zoomzx11

You got to try and slow down fish.
Be honest now.
Were you moto racing the Dominican kids again?
I can clearly picture you lying flat on a stripped down moto, no mufflers, going flat out.
What is the usual purse for winning one of those races?

That stretch of road is notorious as a raceway.