Four dead in Higüey cabaña from carbon monoxide..

W

william webster

sure fire way to do it...

car in garage - running
get in and go to sleep.....

I expect they had their music going and need the juice from a running car

too bad - just ignorance

W

waytogo

DR1 Daily News........

Tragic ending to a birthday party in a cabaña
The National Police is investigating the case of two teenagers who died and six other youths that were hospitalized after being intoxicated in a cabaña in La Altagracia province. The eight had reportedly gathered to celebrate a birthday.

The dead were identified as Oliberto Morel, 15, and Horaimy Ruíz Ceballos. Both died from intoxication with a yet unidentified substance. The Police suspect a mixture of cocaine and carbon dioxide. A gray Kia was found still turned on in the terrace of the room the boys had booked. The Police is awaiting the results of the autopsies by the National Institute of Forensic Sciences (Inacif)
The hospitalized youths are José Miguel Cedano Pérez, 20, Starlin Marizan, 23, and four minor girls , all affected by intoxication.
The cabaña is on the Higüey-La Otra Banda road. Three employees at the cabaña are under arrest for the investigation.

C

Caonabo

Birthday party? They are being very kind.
It was a drug and alcohol orgy involving minors.
Some facts get lost in translation.

D

Derfish

car in garage - running

too bad - just ignorance

I had an uncle that suicided in that manner years ago. Put a tube on the exhaust pipe and done it up right.
Derfish

U

USA DOC

I had an uncle that suicided in that manner years ago. Put a tube on the exhaust pipe and done it up right.
Derfish

….yes the old garden hose from the exhaust in to the car window trick...is foolproof..,...

Z

zoomzx11

car in garage - running

too bad - just ignorance

cocaine and co. killed them.
Why on earth the cops arrest the cabana employees in this one is just foolish.
I know its DR cop style to arrest everybody as if that helps in understanding what happened.

C

Chirimoya

I know its DR cop style to arrest everybody as if that helps in understanding what happened.

Maybe because employees were being negligent by allowing underage children into cabañas.

J

JDJones

Maybe because employees were being negligent by allowing underage children into cabañas.

How would they know?

I'm guessing minor children (girls) are still an vital part of the success of cabanas.

W

william webster

20/21/22 yr old boys can easily date 16/17 yr old girls...

and having a car !!!???
What an advantage !!... panty remover !!!

For sure they were all living it up w/ the music booming and the cabana garage door closed.

The cocaine (?) if true might even speed up the death process of the CO2

All just too sad but ---

C

Caonabo

Despite what some choose to utilize cabañas for, ILLEGAL activity is NOT permitted, and employees and owners CAN and WILL be held responsible for such activities if committed on the premises, as was the case in this situation. Nothing new here.

C

cobraboy

I thought law states garages of cabanas had to be ventilated. The cabanas we frequent leave a foot above and below the garage door for ventilation when fully closed.

W

william webster

Wouldn't you think the exhaust would rise up rather down to go under the doors ?

I would.
Hot air rises ????

Z

zoomzx11

Despite what some choose to utilize cabañas for, ILLEGAL activity is NOT permitted, and employees and owners CAN and WILL be held responsible for such activities if committed on the premises, as was the case in this situation. Nothing new here.

I though the way Cabanas worked was you drove inside the gates, found an up garage door, pulled into the garage, closed the door and started the party.
The employees would not know who is there, that is the idea. Its anonymous.
No cabana expert but that is how it has worked for me.

S

SKY

I though the way Cabanas worked was you drove inside the gates, found an up garage door, pulled into the garage, closed the door and started the party.
The employees would not know who is there, that is the idea. Its anonymous.
No cabana expert but that is how it has worked for me.

This is EXACTLY how they work. But some people with zero knowledge or experience have to post BS..................

U

USA DOC

...if illegal activity could put cabanas out of business....there would be very few left.....