Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping back to US from Punta Cana

I was given a quote of $50 to ship a router back to the US from the Punta Cana area.

The router has a prepaid UPS label once it gets there. Any ideas??

I don't have any American friends returning now.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The cheapest way to do it is INPOSDOM, the Dominican Mail service. That is from my own person experience sending a piece of errant electronics back for warranty work.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to California August 1, but i'm in Santo Domingo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The cheapest way is to find someone flying to the USA, ask them to take the prepaid box back with them and drop it off at the post office when they get a chance.

I did this once with a plumbing part that needed to go back to Amazon. I left the envelope open so the person/customs could verify what was inside. If you start looking early enough, you should be successful in finding someone willing to help you out. Lots of expats here on DR1 know how expensive it is to get stuff off the island.

DR postal system may work, but can take longer than the allowed return period and there are never any guarantees that your item will get to where it is supposed to.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

In country... MetroPac.. Caribe Tours... guagua....
    numerous options PC to SD

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    The cheapest way is to find someone flying to the USA, ask them to take the prepaid box back with them and drop it off at the post office when they get a chance.

I did this once with a plumbing part that needed to go back to Amazon. I left the envelope open so the person/customs could verify what was inside. If you start looking early enough, you should be successful in finding someone willing to help you out. Lots of expats here on DR1 know how expensive it is to get stuff off the island.

DR postal system may work, but can take longer than the allowed return period and there are never any guarantees that your item will get to where it is supposed to.
    I paid for INPOSDOM to track the package with insurance and had a regular USPS tracking number. I would never import something of any value or importance using INPOSDOM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The cheapest way to do it is INPOSDOM, the Dominican Mail service. That is from my own person experience sending a piece of errant electronics back for warranty work.
    Did it ever arrive? Derfish

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Did it ever arrive? Derfish
    Yes it did.

9. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

many success stories using the local mail service.... lots

11. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see if we can't clarify the INPOSDUM conundrum a bit more.

For those that have used (and hopefully some that frequently use) the DR postal service to send items (not letters/postcards) abroad, please tell us if the item(s) arrived at their final destination, approx. how long it took, and what service level (registered, insured etc) was used.

When was the last time an item was shipped and either did not arrive at all or was delivered after a substantial delay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast