American Airlines Details: Service to Santiago and Punta Cana Begins June 15

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
With these additions, American will serve five destinations in the Dominican Republic -- Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, La Romana, Punta Cana and Santiago. American Eagle, American's regional airline partner, also offers service to Santo Domingo (international and Herrera), Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana and Santiago from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Service between JFK and Miami to Santiago and Punta Cana will begin on June 15. Four weekly flights to Punta Cana from JFK are scheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Please note flight schedules below:

From JFK to Santiago From Santiago to JFK
Flight Depart Arrive Aircraft Flight Depart Arrive Aircraft
2051 11:30 a.m. 3:01 p.m. Airbus 2054 4:11 p.m. 7:39 p.m. Airbus

JFK to Punta Cana Punta Cana to JFK
1781 9:10 a.m. 12:54 p.m. 757 1786 2:06 p.m. 5:50 p.m. 757

Miami to Santiago Santiago to Miami
749 5:15 p.m. 7:15 p.m. 757 738 9:36 a.m. 11:43 a.m. 757

Note*: Introductory fares available for these new destinations.

Martin

Mar 8, 2002
Hope the road to the new Cibao international is complete by June 15th! I was there on May 5th and it was a mess, but a beautiful new airport. Service to Santiago vis JFK on a widebody Airbus A300-600R...........welcome aboard!

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Cibao airport

Great..lets have more airlines services Santiago..like Northwest, Delta Airlines, American Trans AIr, America West, Blue Jet

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
STI AIRPORT

Jazzcom... i been on top of Delta Airlines VP's. Lets start services into DR. Delta was supposed to start this years, but after 9/11/01 they delay into next year 2003.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Latino, Delta use to be my most frequent Airline for traveling. Since they do NOT go to the DR I have switched to AA.

I have 3 tickets to Minneapolis for July 4th, one to Vegas in March, one to San Diego in April, 3 to Turks and Caicos last December one to Cancun and 3 to Atlanta all on ff'er miles with delta. Have enough for one more trip. Had they traveled to the DR I would have used them. Too bad.

Now I try to fly AA to aquire the miles to go to the DR.

I wonder if anyone else other than myself relies on FF miles the way I do. I have 3 more trips on FF'er miles on American to take with one schedualed for Christmas to the DR.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Delta

If they go through Atlanta to the DR I would love it. I can combine 2 trips on one FF'er ticket and see my family in Atlanta. Oh I also went to Panama through Atlanta last year on FF'er miles.

Regards

del4fun00

Apr 26, 2002
Comparison

Jazzcom -

How did DR compare to Panama (beaches, people, cost of living)? I have been hearing that Panama is a pretty cool place too

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Casa HB

The only better thing from landing in Santiago is for HB to send his personal helo to pick me up and set me in his back yard. Come on HB, I'll pay the first 2,200 miles out of my own pocket. OK, I'll pay for the fuel on your helo too. Deal?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Re: Comparison

del4fun00 said:
Jazzcom -

How did DR compare to Panama (beaches, people, cost of living)? I have been hearing that Panama is a pretty cool place too

Still a stigma that is negative for Americans because of us going in there and taking Noriega out. Half the cab drivers were his henchmen. Much hotter there. Panama City is very cosmopolitan. I spent most of my time in a mountainous area on the far west in a town called Boquete. Very nice and much more inexpensive than DR but takes 2 days to fly out and two days to fly in because of having to fly into one airport in Panama City and out of another in Panama City to get to Boquete.

I have chosen DR to retire to because of these reasons. If you thought that DR was corrupt, it cost me 100- US dollars in bribes to drive from Panama City to Boquete. Only 20-US dollars on the return because I learned.

Any other questions just email me.

Regards