Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bavaro - Peligroso

A couple of girls from Cabrera grew frustrated with no job openings in Cabrera.

THeir Bavaro friend told them work was available there,,,
    and she had an apartment for them etc....
    They're good friends

In the few 2-3 days, they were physically robbed
    Physically meaning 3 guys grabbed their purses from them and ran

Luckily, they had cedulas etc in their pockets..But their rent deposits are gone

Are real mess....

Those tourist areas.....
    The friend said -- Oh, I forgot to warn you

Cabrera doesn't have these problems

Yikes - a bad start for them

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuff sed.

I've already had my rant about that place!

3. Dislikes Caonabo disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please. Shi*e like this has been occurring here in RD for 50+ years. Be real for once.
    I am not denying the account, but the dramatics of it yes.

5. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of Bavaro/Punta Cana but a clearer picture of where exactly the apartment was located might tell, "the rest of the story " (for those who remember Paul Harvey).
    As much as this can happen anywhere and as much as I am not a fan of that part of the country I do believe the tourist part of Bavaro / PC are pretty safe but I have spent 2 months over there which was enough to know that like anywhere in the country, less safe areas are never too far away.
    I wish the girls the best.

7. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The girls have returned...
    Broke & Broken Hearted

The story is worse then I reported

The theft was at GUNPOINT....
    each girl held w/ a gun to her ear
    Purses taken and gone

They had been warned about not carrying phones in their hands so had them stuffed in their pantsalong with cedulas and health cards

One of them had street smarts

Anyway - an armed theft is quite different than a simple theft

The one girl was so upset she broke out in a rash from the stress

Awful - just awful...

Keep your eyes open wide in Bavaro

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bavaro is one of the safest areas in the DR. One thing you trumpet does not make it any different. Things happen all over the DR and the World, don't use one example to prop up some BS. I used to carry a gun in Sosua and used it once, here I don't even bother to carry anymore.

The people living in Punta Cana and Bavaro know a lot more than some guy living far away in Cabrera..............

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Bavaro is one of the safest areas in the DR. One thing you trumpet does not make it any different. Things happen all over the DR and the World, don't use one example to prop up some BS. I used to carry a gun in Sosua and used it once, here I don't even bother to carry anymore.

The people living in Punta Cana and Bavaro know a lot more than some guy living far away in Cabrera..............
    He was relating a personal experience - no need to bust a guy's balls for that. It serves as a warning to be aware if traveling there. Most people go to the AIs, but step outside of the hotel grounds and it is a different world.
    I hope those girls recover emotionally and the creeps find someone armed and ready to send them for their dirt naps soon.

William knows a lot about DR, I appreciate his insights, and SKY you are not a moderator.

11. Likes nigrarosa liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't (at least I don't) hear of much armed robbery here ....
    especially, in the morning involving two girls

Ok...Night club at midnight.... perhaps....

Armed daytime are a rarity in my life....... can't speak for SKY....
    we may live differently

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

William knows the same thing about living in Bavaro that I know about living in Cabrera, Nothing. And I am just pointing that out..................

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    William knows the same thing about living in Bavaro that I know about living in Cabrera, Nothing. And I am just pointing that out..................
    Well it was a personal story, a one-off heads up and he apparently knows the victims. He didn't make it sound like a indictment of the entire area. So it was a reasonable and informative post.

I've been held at gunpoint two times. Once in the US and once in Costa Rica. The first time I complied with instructions and kept my life.
    The second time I pulled my own revolver, fired and pretty sure I hit my target as he dropped his own weapon and jumped back in his getaway car.
    I also was involved as bystander in a gangland hit on the freeway in Puerto Rico by a young punk with an AK47, who slaughtered the man in the SUV stopped next to mine. While I was not the target in that particular case I can tell you these armed assaults rattle a person for weeks or months afterward.
    Two innocent young girls seeking out work should have the chance to do so unmolested in their own country.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast