Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SMA Sunny Island 6048 Inverter and Midnight Solar Classic 250 charge controller

SMA Sunny Island 6048 New in box $1700.
    Midnight Solar Classic Charge controller 250, new in box $300.
    Would allow you to set up an off grid system. If you want to stay on the grid, I also have some Sunny Boys.

You would just need some panels and batteries, so for about $6000 USD you can have a quality 6000 kw system.
    [email protected]
    Classifieds are not working, send me the bill when they are up and running.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    SMA Sunny Island 6048 New in box $1700.
    Midnight Solar Classic Charge controller 250, new in box $300.
    Would allow you to set up an off grid system. If you want to stay on the grid, I also have some Sunny Boys.

You would just need some panels and batteries, so for about $6000 USD you can have a quality 6000 kw system.
    [email protected]
    Classifieds are not working, send me the bill when they are up and running.
    How many panels and batteries would be needed to set up the off the grid system ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What amount of KwH would those panels produce on average in the DR per day?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    There are many websites to answer your question. Your best approach is to look at your electric bill to determine your consumption. Once you know that, you can use SMA's website to size your system and determine the number of panels that you need. Do not oversize it because if you are paying 13 pesos per Kw, you may only be reimbursed 8 pesos by the electric company because the other 5 pesos are taxes.

sma-america

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A good quality 6kW solar system generates 26.4 units per day – enough to offset an average household's energy usage. However, the output of your 6kW solar PV system will vary depending on your location, system positioning and quality.

6. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A good quality 6kW solar system generates 26.4 units per day – enough to offset an average household's energy usage. However, the output of your 6kW solar PV system will vary depending on your location, system positioning and quality.
    At this time, I am not interested in being "off grid" with all the batteries that requires. I would consider a system where I can offset my costs by reducing my bill directly with Edenorte and feeding energy into the grid , if that is possible where I live. My average daily usage is under 20 kWh per day and my cost around $90 US per month.

If I can sell the power back to Edenorte my break even point would be about 6 to 7 years unless Edenorte paid me for any excess I put into the grid.

How many panels are required? My optimal space is limited.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

At this time, I am not interested in being "off grid" with all the batteries that requires. I would consider a system where I can offset my costs by reducing my bill directly with Edenorte and feeding energy into the grid , if that is possible where I live. My average daily usage is under 20 kWh per day and my cost around $90 US per month.

If I can sell the power back to Edenorte my break even point would be about 6 to 7 years unless Edenorte paid me for any excess I put into the grid.

How many panels are required? My optimal space is limited.
    You would need around 16 of the 350 watt panels, and the SMA sunny boy instead of the SMA Sunny Island. I have one SB 6000 left that I can sell for $1000.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The inverters and charge controllers are now in the country. (Samana)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You would need around 16 of the 350 watt panels, and the SMA sunny boy instead of the SMA Sunny Island. I have one SB 6000 left that I can sell for $1000.
    Each 350 watt panel in the DR costs how much these days?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Each 350 watt panel in the DR costs how much these days?
    The prices vary. I do not have any but I have seen them for 40-80 cents per kw. I have read in some places that installers use used solar panels. I would advise that you visit their facility make sure they have the panels and ask for the serial number so that you can check with the manufacturer to ensure that they were never installed before and see how old they are.

12. Likes windeguy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast