rental question/recommendation on Juan Dolio Torres

J

johne

In the new year coming I plan and hope to be spending a good deal of time in Juan Dolio. For the past several years my time there was limited to 4-5 one week trips and I stayed at Hemingway.
I would like to change to a rental of a two bedroom condo overlooking the water. I have seen a number of offerings that appeal to me especially at the Marbella towers.

What are the words of advise about this property? Which others are like and similar? If it's not Marbella what do you recommend? Any and all comments are appreciated.

R

Riva_31

In the new year coming I plan and hope to be spending a good deal of time in Juan Dolio. For the past several years my time there was limited to 4-5 one week trips and I stayed at Hemingway.
I would like to change to a rental of a two bedroom condo overlooking the water. I have seen a number of offerings that appeal to me especially at the Marbella towers.

What are the words of advise about this property? Which others are like and similar? If it's not Marbella what do you recommend? Any and all comments are appreciated.

Never heard a complain about Marbella, but if you are intrested in rent there, come and stay there same way you you did in Hemingway, then you could take you best decition before to rent long term lease.

D

danely18

.....what is the town of Juan Dolio like at night, if there is one?...

J

johne

Very quiet. I have no problem with that for the past 5 years. The busiest I'v seen it during the week is at some of the more popular restaurants. The "Italian " restaurant that just re-located about 6 months ago is one of them. With 24 hour lights, delivery of food to the room, internet, a modern kitchen, a pool, good company, its a no brainer. IMHO.

D

Dr_Taylor

.....what is the town of Juan Dolio like at night, if there is one?...
I find it nice and quiet. You can sit on the plastic chairs with the locals and chat for hours. It represents a nice change from Santo Domingo.

D

danely18

I find it nice and quiet. You can sit on the plastic chairs with the locals and chat for hours. It represents a nice change from Santo Domingo.

These responses kind of surprise me...I guess I'll have to check it out. The photos I've seen from the beachside show some big buildings, lots of units so I figured there must be a "there there", like a Pedro Clisante, or whatever the street in boca is called, Duarte?...I think, so there was an area to mingle and stroll around...

F

Fulano2

Do you like the plastic chairs? Nice rum in plastic cups and than a great meal on plastic plates.

J

johne

Warning: The quietness and slow pace of this quiet town might be too much to bear for those that live among the bright city lights of Sosua.

J

johne

These responses kind of surprise me...I guess I'll have to check it out. The photos I've seen from the beachside show some big buildings, lots of units so I figured there must be a "there there", like a Pedro Clisante, or whatever the street in boca is called, Duarte?...I think, so there was an area to mingle and stroll around...

So, on the back side of those photos taken from the air, and two blocks away, one can sit outdoors and enjoy homemade pasta daily , fresh tomato sauce, langostinos by the platterful, and woodfired pizza. Italian born owner that's knows what he is doing.

C

chico bill

Warning: The quietness and slow pace of this quiet town might be too much to bear for those that live among the bright city lights of Sosua.

Sosua is just about as dead now as Juan Dolio....

R

Riva_31

Very quiet. I have no problem with that for the past 5 years. The busiest I'v seen it during the week is at some of the more popular restaurants. The "Italian " restaurant that just re-located about 6 months ago is one of them. With 24 hour lights, delivery of food to the room, internet, a modern kitchen, a pool, good company, its a no brainer. IMHO.

Where is the new italian rest?

Hemigway is going to build 2 towers 24 floor, first one is under construction already, also another 6 floor aparment complet is under construction, and another one soon will be finished another tower next to Hemingway, they just need to find out the formula to try keep coming people to those aparments.

The All Inclusive hotel Emotion has bring some life to Juan Dolio, but the area needs some more hoteles.

J

johne

Where is the new italian rest?

Hemigway is going to build 2 towers 24 floor, first one is under construction already, also another 6 floor aparment complet is under construction, and another one soon will be finished another tower next to Hemingway, they just need to find out the formula to try keep coming people to those apartments

The All Inclusive hotel Emotion has bring some life to Juan Dolio, but the area needs some more hoteles.
New name: Hosteria. Just past Paladart in front of Martin Fiero inside the court yard.

J

johne

And they deliver more than pizzas. I have had full platter of langostinos and pasta delivered. Need to wait about 45-50 minutes. About the time it takes for a bottle of wine to be had.

R

Riva_31

New name: Hosteria. Just past Paladart in front of Martin Fiero inside the court yard.

Good to know, I heard also good comments of the Argentinean restaurant, very good the food there, is right bedside the courtyard, the only complain I heard is about the wines, very expensive.

F

Fulano2

And they deliver more than pizzas. I have had full platter of langostinos and pasta delivered. Need to wait about 45-50 minutes. About the time it takes for a bottle of wine to be had.
:):):):) Absolutely. Time for an aperitivo..

C

Caonabo

Good to know, I heard also good comments of the Argentinean restaurant, very good the food there, is right bedside the courtyard, the only complain I heard is about the wines, very expensive.

This would be Paladart, as previously mentioned, across from Banco Popular. They are closed now for vacations/renovations, until 17 of September.