Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default rental question/recommendation on Juan Dolio Torres

    In the new year coming I plan and hope to be spending a good deal of time in Juan Dolio. For the past several years my time there was limited to 4-5 one week trips and I stayed at Hemingway.
    I would like to change to a rental of a two bedroom condo overlooking the water. I have seen a number of offerings that appeal to me especially at the Marbella towers.

    What are the words of advise about this property? Which others are like and similar? If it's not Marbella what do you recommend? Any and all comments are appreciated.

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    In the new year coming I plan and hope to be spending a good deal of time in Juan Dolio. For the past several years my time there was limited to 4-5 one week trips and I stayed at Hemingway.
    I would like to change to a rental of a two bedroom condo overlooking the water. I have seen a number of offerings that appeal to me especially at the Marbella towers.

    What are the words of advise about this property? Which others are like and similar? If it's not Marbella what do you recommend? Any and all comments are appreciated.
    Never heard a complain about Marbella, but if you are intrested in rent there, come and stay there same way you you did in Hemingway, then you could take you best decition before to rent long term lease.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    .....what is the town of Juan Dolio like at night, if there is one?...

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danely18 View Post
    .....what is the town of Juan Dolio like at night, if there is one?...
    Weekends has some night life, but for some people can be boring.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very quiet. I have no problem with that for the past 5 years. The busiest I'v seen it during the week is at some of the more popular restaurants. The "Italian " restaurant that just re-located about 6 months ago is one of them. With 24 hour lights, delivery of food to the room, internet, a modern kitchen, a pool, good company, its a no brainer. IMHO.

  6. Likes danely18 liked this post
  7. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danely18 View Post
    .....what is the town of Juan Dolio like at night, if there is one?...
    I find it nice and quiet. You can sit on the plastic chairs with the locals and chat for hours. It represents a nice change from Santo Domingo.

  8. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    I find it nice and quiet. You can sit on the plastic chairs with the locals and chat for hours. It represents a nice change from Santo Domingo.
    These responses kind of surprise me...I guess I'll have to check it out. The photos I've seen from the beachside show some big buildings, lots of units so I figured there must be a "there there", like a Pedro Clisante, or whatever the street in boca is called, Duarte?...I think, so there was an area to mingle and stroll around...

  9. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    I find it nice and quiet. You can sit on the plastic chairs with the locals and chat for hours. It represents a nice change from Santo Domingo.
    Do you like the plastic chairs? Nice rum in plastic cups and than a great meal on plastic plates.

  10. Likes Big liked this post
  11. #9
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Do you like the plastic chairs? Nice rum in plastic cups and than a great meal on plastic plates.
    Nothing wrong with that occasionally.........

    Admin
    DR1.com

  12. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Warning: The quietness and slow pace of this quiet town might be too much to bear for those that live among the bright city lights of Sosua.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •