Cédula Number

A

Alltimegreat

At a recent appointment at my local Dominican consulate, the woman assisting me seemed to be able to discern from the fact that my cédula number starts with the number 4 that I am a naturalized citizen who was previously a foreigner with a residency permit.

Do native-born Dominicans really receive different cédula numbers that distinguish them from naturalized citizens?

R

Riva_31

At a recent appointment at my local Dominican consulate, the woman assisting me seemed to be able to discern from the fact that my cédula number starts with the number 4 that I am a naturalized citizen who was previously a foreigner with a residency permit.

Do native-born Dominicans really receive different cédula numbers that distinguish them from naturalized citizens?

You should provide at least the first 3 digits of your cedula to know, because here in San Pedro Dominicans has cedulas starting with 402-

C

caribmike

Mine too 402, permanent residency.

My wife (Dominican) also has 402.

W

william webster

Mine too 402---- and nothing changes when you naturalize... to my knowledge

The number is the number is the number....

S

Seamonkey

It's no different than your social insurance number. The first 3 numbers are usually associated with the state or province you were born in.

M

Matilda

Mine is same as residency cédula before. Also San Pedro but back in 2001. Starts 023.

Matilda

D

Dr_Taylor

You should provide at least the first 3 digits of your cedula to know, because here in San Pedro Dominicans has cedulas starting with 402-
Foreigners and naturalized Dominicans have those first three digits as well.

R

rubio_higuey

In the past they used to have cedulas identified by city location. Different codes for different cities. Looks like that's not the case any more, and all cedulas issued now see 402.

R

Riva_31

In the past they used to have cedulas identified by city location. Different codes for different cities. Looks like that's not the case any more, and all cedulas issued now see 402.

Yes, with the new cedula that changed old one the format was also diferent XXXXX Serie 25, the X could be any amount of digits depending on the population of the province the X kept growing, and when we received the new cedula every body kep the old Serial number that belong to the province and the new cedula number, old one was discarted but information of your old cedula number was kept in the back of the cedulas, in my case im now starting with 025-

P

pgolivares

Yes, with the new cedula that changed old one the format was also diferent XXXXX Serie 25, the X could be any amount of digits depending on the population of the province the X kept growing, and when we received the new cedula every body kep the old Serial number that belong to the province and the new cedula number, old one was discarted but information of your old cedula number was kept in the back of the cedulas, in my case im now starting with 025-

Back in the days before must of you kids were born, the cedula prefix number meant the area/city where you born... not sure if you have heard people say “yo soy serie palito” meaning serie 1. Serie 1 was assigned to people born in the capital. The people from Santiago, puerto plata, moca and so on all had theirs. I guess 025 was for people from San Pedro. I’ll ask my mother or uncle, who were born in PP what was their serie.

Be safe!

A

AlterEgo

Back in the days before must of you kids were born, the cedula prefix number meant the area/city where you born... not sure if you have heard people say “yo soy serie palito” meaning serie 1. Serie 1 was assigned to people born in the capital. The people from Santiago, puerto plata, moca and so on all had theirs. I guess 025 was for people from San Pedro. I’ll ask my mother or uncle, who were born in PP what was their serie.

Be safe!

Yes, my husband is serie 1, born in Santo Domingo, his cedula begins with 001.