business in Santo Domingo

K

krfenn222

what does santo domingo need? specifically zona colonial area? looking to open a small business and wondering what people’s opinions are on what’s needed. Also has anyone bought and rented out apartments in zona colonial área ?

R

Riva_31

what does santo domingo need? specifically zona colonial area? looking to open a small business and wondering what people’s opinions are on what’s needed. Also has anyone bought and rented out apartments in zona colonial área ?

The goverment has a program for the colonial zone, business there increased like 400% if Im not wrong,

This is the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tuciudadcolonial/ you can get better information from them, provide you data so you could make your best decition, also help you to open your business there.

M

Mcinbrass

I always thought that an American style hot dog stand would do very well. Picture NYC's Greys Papaya. Flattop grilled dogs, knishes and fruit juices, etc. Now I know that once you have some success w this 3 more will open up nearby just like those French Fry places. Regarding Apts. Airbnb is very popular. I use it all the time.

N

NALs

I think a hot dog stance will have competition from Dominican chains like Rico Hot Dog. Not that it can't be a success, but the market on this respect already has established firms that will compete to maintain and/or increase their market share. Several places offer food trucks, definitely an American invention that has taken the DR by storm in such a short time.

S

SNH

I always thought that an American style hot dog stand would do very well. Picture NYC's Greys Papaya. Flattop grilled dogs, knishes and fruit juices, etc. Now I know that once you have some success w this 3 more will open up nearby just like those French Fry places. Regarding Apts. Airbnb is very popular. I use it all the time.

American hot dog stand has came and gone (failed) was on one of the busiest street in affluent area and failed. Rico Hot Dog is selling hot dogs for $1 on tues or wed.

S

SNH

No offense but this is usually the worst way to start a business in DR. By asking other people what DR needs. Ask a dominican they will tell you the usual clothing stores, food or whatever else they "think" or heard makes "alot" of money which then you must remember what is "alot" to them maybe peanuts to you. Logic does not work here.

Ask a tourist they will say something else.

Never sell what they need, always sell what they want.
People will always buy what they want and beg for what they need.

Zona colonial is bad place for many businesses even dominican businesses have a hard time staying open. Quite a few american chains on el conde have came and went. The hole in the walls that stay open many own the building they are located in or have some sweetheart deal with the owners for cheap rent.

I have seen a couple nice airbnb off el conde but even then its alot of hotels in that area also competing not to mention who's going to manage it and all the headaches that come with el conde ie guest that want to bring back "guest" to your air bnb. Alot of headache for $30-$40 a night.

X

xstew

Hello! I managed such companies, and I know that the most important thing is not branding, but to interest my audience and attract even more people to make a good sale at the very beginning. But to do it right, you need to use various utilities and recommendations. Personally, I need to know how to work with data from Google Analytics BigQuery.

The only thing that works is a colmado ! The ones in zona colonial have been there for over twenty years or more . Trying to beat Dominicans at their own game never works. All the American types Burger king and the rest like them have all come and gone. But all over the world selling PIZZA by the slice is a winner. All the pizzerias here will not sell by the slice. Look at RAYS PIZZA in the village in New York. At opening time in the morning their is a line a block long with tong hanging out. They have been in buisness for over 40 years. And n.Y. Is a hard nut to crack. Besides i like to buy pizza by the slice.

F

Fulano2

But all over the world selling PIZZA by the slice is a winner.

Are you sure it’s the world or just the US world? I have hardly ever seen this in Europe (just one American pizza in a lost corner of a city) nor Asia.
Dont forget in the DR they still like their bandera at noon.