Motorcycle to Haiti

S

siamesepat

Is it possible to take a rented motorcycle from DR across the border into Haiti?

Z

zoomzx11

Talk to cobra boi or whatever his name is.
He has some sort of a bike tour operation.
You cannot miss him, he is all over around here.
I am sure he would love to go to Haiti with you if there was a dollar in it.
Probably sent you a personal message by now.
No, he does not pay me to represent him.

D

Derfish

Is it possible to take a rented motorcycle from DR across the border into Haiti?

Cobraboy was talking about taking a tour of Haiti with some old guys a couple of years ago. WOuld be interesting if he'd tell how that came out.

N

NALs

A person can't take a rented anything with wheels to Haiti. As for why, that is a law that is actually enforced.

Anyone that tells you that such and such can be taken to Haiti, if it has wheels rest asure it isn't rented. Its owned by someone or a company, but it isn't a rental company. It also works the other way too (Haiti to the DR).

C

cobraboy

A person can't take a rented anything with wheels to Haiti. As for why, that is a law that is actually enforced.

Anyone that tells you that such and such can be taken to Haiti, if it has wheels rest asure it isn't rented. Its owned by someone or a company, but it isn't a rental company. It also works the other way too (Haiti to the DR).
To take a vehicle into Haiti, you have to have pre-approvel from Haitian authorities requiring a ton of complex paperwork. You also gave to have a compete written inventory of any item you take in.

I personally would never take a motorcycle into Haiti by myself without a group convoy, and I would nvere take one of my motorcycles there without a purpose.

I have been to Haiti several times, and while it is not as bad as the rumor mill, Haiti is far more frought with danger than the DR.

C

chico bill

Talk to cobra boi or whatever his name is.
He has some sort of a bike tour operation.
You cannot miss him, he is all over around here.
I am sure he would love to go to Haiti with you if there was a dollar in it.
Probably sent you a personal message by now.
No, he does not pay me to represent him.

Are you really this shallow ?

Z

zoomzx11

That ends that.

S

siamesepat

Thanks for all the replies. I understand the situation.