Bahia Principe R.I.P.

F

Fulano2

September 15, Bahia Principe Rio San Juan will be closed. Too bad for the locals who work there.

C

cobraboy

Good question. My first thought is...... isn’t that the same chain where the people died in La Romana? Fallout from that?
They got some terrible PR when a bunch of Brits got really sick there. Turns out the only ones who got sick were all on the same flight.

W

william webster

Sort of changed a few years ago....
name - presentation...but always Bahia Principe, I think

NOt close enough to an airport...an hour from POP
Nice beach but once you step outside(if people ever do)
It's a stretch to the nearest little town... RSJ

F

Fulano2

No public information it’s inside info. They wont open again. It was loss after loss and the bad reputation from PC decided the Penero group to quit.

B

Bred

No public information it’s inside info.

Not so "inside info". It pops-up on their web site -

m6tiU98.png

9h76YZw.png

B

Big

all the more costumers for that super luxury Ritz Carlton they are going to build in Cab east :)

F

Fulano2

Has a resort of that size ever been closed down permanently before? Wonder if another resort operator will have an interest?
I am pretty sure they would sell it, everything was paid years ago.They calculate ten years to pay everything off, all Dubai money.

K

KyleMackey

I am pretty sure they would sell it, everything was paid years ago.They calculate ten years to pay everything off, all Dubai money.

If their only cost is operating expenses, no debt service, and they can't make a profit that isn't good. BTW I looked at a bunch of guest photos of the resort on Trip Advisor.....never much of crowd at all.

Last edited:
W

william webster

The nudist colony in Abreu has been closed for several years now....

Big property too....
Still empty