VPN from the DR

Z

zuma48

Does any one use VPN for accessing streaming and other things in the US? TY

C

Cdn_Gringo

Anyone who wishes to access geo-locked content from an IP outside the authorized area will need to use something - be that a VPN or some other variant of a proxy service.

Those fortunate enough to have an US based IP as part of their internet package have an easier time than those who do not.

Z

zuma48

vpn

I am looking to see what service is working the best, like Express VPN as an example...

Anyone who wishes to access geo-locked content from an IP outside the authorized area will need to use something - be that a VPN or some other variant of a proxy service.

Those fortunate enough to have an US based IP as part of their internet package have an easier time than those who do not.

P

pinney

I have been using express VPN for 2 years. Mainly for Torrents. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

E

Expat-in-Cabarete

We use smartdnsproxy We get both smart dns and VPN, but to access US tv, netflix, hulu, etc., you only need to use the smart dns. We seldom use the VPN when needed for website that are not included with the smart dns. Have been using this smartdnsproxy.com server for many years now.

C

cobraboy

We use smartdnsproxy We get both smart dns and VPN, but to access US tv, netflix, hulu, etc., you only need to use the smart dns. We seldom use the VPN when needed for website that are not included with the smart dns. Have been using this smartdnsproxy.com server for many years now.
Ditto, smartdns. I also integrate SDNS with no-ip so I don't have to keep refreshing the SDNS proxy when it changes. Once no-ip registers a SDNS IP, when SDNS changes, no-ip does, too. But like a junk mail filter, it has to be trained.

I've used this successfully with Hulu.

That said, many content distributors are savvy about VPS, and will block content streamed to them. It's not unlike the "cat and mouse" of the old FTA systems.

B

beeza

Express VPN has been working well for me. Works as an app on my Amazon Fire TV, giving me all content on Netflix, AMazon, Hulu, BBC etc. Can be configured to change countries to access the different content given by geolocation. Doesn't seem to slow it down either.

L

ljmesg

Yea let's publish all of our VPNs so Amazon and whoever else can block them all.

Great idiotic idea.

Yea, Amazon isn't reading DR1 but you never know. Its public information. Interweeb tentacles are endless and long.

B

beeza

Yea let's publish all of our VPNs so Amazon and whoever else can block them all.

Great idiotic idea.

Yea, Amazon isn't reading DR1 but you never know. Its public information. Interweeb tentacles are endless and long.

Yeah right because Amazon, Netflix Hulu et al don’t want customers paying for their content. Are customers with VPNs actually getting something for free? No they’re not. They’re paying for a subscription and paying to use a VPN to access it.

It just some stupid geo blocked copyright law invented by greedy lawyers. The streaming services make some sort of attempts to block them knowing full well there are work arounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

Keyrez

I'd personally recommend Tunnel bear its what I use on my phone and pc works great!

C

cobraboy

Yeah right because Amazon, Netflix Hulu et al don’t want customers paying for their content. Are customers with VPNs actually getting something for free? No they’re not. They’re paying for a subscription and paying to use a VPN to access it.

It just some stupid geo blocked copyright law invented by greedy lawyers. The streaming services make some sort of attempts to block them knowing full well there are work arounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you mention, the issue for streamers is all their content is contracted with geographic restrictions. For instance, Hulu may want you/a group of offshore users to pay, but a series they offer is contracted with "licensed only in the US and Canada." If that license is breached, there can be severe financial civil consequences that far outweigh their desire to have a customer in the DR.