Medical Facilities

B

bienamor

Does anyone know the status of medical facilities around the Whala Urban resort area. Daughter an family will be vacationing there around the end of December. Her husband has a lower back nerve issue that sometimes raises its ugly head.

I can advise her on Santo Domingo but have not been in the Punta Cana area for years.

Thanks in advance for any information

P

PCMike

The closest hospital is Centro Medico Punta Cana...located on Avenida Espana. I was there for tests the other day and in each department I went to, I was able to find someone who could speak enough English to answer my questions.

According to my doctor, approx 80% of tourists seeking medical assistance do so without insurance and think that thier medicare back home covers them...it does not! Make certain you have the proper insurance!!!

S

SKY

The closest hospital is Centro Medico Punta Cana...located on Avenida Espana. I was there for tests the other day and in each department I went to, I was able to find someone who could speak enough English to answer my questions.

According to my doctor, approx 80% of tourists seeking medical assistance do so without insurance and think that thier medicare back home covers them...it does not! Make certain you have the proper insurance!!!

This place is very good. They have the latest equipment also.

B

bienamor

This place is very good. They have the latest equipment also.

Thanks sky and PC . they are coming from finland and normally buy travel insurance and then rebate when they get home if needed.