Volunteering in DR

J

Juan Bosch

Does volunteering activity exist in the DR.....just asking....

J

johne

Amen,Amen, Amen. Dozens of young people (from the states) all with backpacks on. They pay to pray. Stay at some nice hotels. They have breakfast and hit the road.

Or did you mean "do Dominicans volunteer"?

L

LindseyKaufman

Are you a looking for a short term volunteer opportunity or a longer term (3 months or more)? Are you hoping to be near the beach or are you looking for a cultural experience? What skills do you bring to the table? We love volunteers but always want to be sure that we meet the volunteer’s Expectations and they meet our needs.

Lindsey

R

Riva_31

Are you a looking for a short term volunteer opportunity or a longer term (3 months or more)? Are you hoping to be near the beach or are you looking for a cultural experience? What skills do you bring to the table? We love volunteers but always want to be sure that we meet the volunteer’s Expectations and they meet our needs.
Lindsey

Im Dominican living in San Pedro de Macoris, I have some weekends that I dont do nothing, if you need some help, let me know.

H

Harleysrock

Tons of volunteering here is needed and done! Just name the area you are interested in helping in and I am sure people will chime in.

R

reilleyp

Amen,Amen, Amen. Dozens of young people (from the states) all with backpacks on. They pay to pray. Stay at some nice hotels. They have breakfast and hit the road.

There are many groups who come in and work hard for no money and do not stay in nice hotels. This is one of them. http://www.steelcitymissiongroup.org They raise their own money, stay at modest locations and spend their hard earned vacation time helping extremely poor people. They are a great group of nurses and other professions from the Pittsburgh area in Pennsylvania. Look them up.

D

Derfish

Paying to pray is volunteering? Volunteering to so what is the obvious question.

D

Derfish

What do you do? Can you lay blocks for poor housing? Can you teach English? Can you pick up trash? We have several programs here at SuncampDR! Mostly in the Haitian community. Look up our website.

L

LindseyKaufman

Im Dominican living in San Pedro de Macoris, I have some weekends that I dont do nothing, if you need some help, let me know.

Thank you! Strength for the Journey teaches classes in the small mountain campos and in our learning center in Jamao al Norte. I appreciate your offer, but our work takes place during the week, not on weekends.

Lindsey