Shingles vaccine availability

A

Abuela

I've officially been initiated into old lady status by contracting Shingles. The vaccine Shingrix is recommended to prevent recurrences. Does anyone have experience with finding a source for this vaccine in the DR, preferably North Coast.

M

Matilda

Make sure you always have acyclovir anti viral tablets in the house. Take the tablets as soon as you think you have shingles and it disappears in a couple of days.

Matilda

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Abuela, were you able to find Shingrix vaccine? if yes, where?
I copied this from member Ken in a thread last year about the flu vaccine. Whether they have the shingles vaccine too I don't know, but you can enquire. If you find that they do, I would be interested to know.
"Where I go now is to the official place in Santiago where they have all sort of injectible meds. I got my flu shot about 10 days ago and have gotten tetanus asd well a pneumonia and will get my covid-19 when it becomes available. The place is UNIVANC (also one in SD and Ozama next to CMED). In Santiago it is in a plaza on Av Bartolome Colon. Tel 829-253-6562/809-724-9475. As I recall I paid RD$2000 for my flu shot. Note much you can't get there,"

• Wow
Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I've officially been initiated into old lady status by contracting Shingles. The vaccine Shingrix is recommended to prevent recurrences. Does anyone have experience with finding a source for this vaccine in the DR, preferably North Coast.
Shingles has got to be the worse thing I have ever had...I shall hope you only have a mild case.... After it is done and gone get the vaccine. somewhere... Really worth it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Shingles has got to be the worse thing I have ever had...I shall hope you only have a mild case.... After it is done and gone get the vaccine. somewhere... Really worth it.
I remember my father in law telling it was the most painful thing he had ever had, and he was wounded twice in WW2.