Post Thanks / Like

Under https://edenorte.com.do/noticias/

Look for « Mantenimiento de Redes EDENORTE»

e.g Mantenimiento de Redes EDENORTE, del 19 al 25 de octubre

Yes, the light went out at 9 here in Cabarete

2. Likes Neargale, Drak liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Out right at 9 am and back on at 5 pm for me.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Out right at 9 am and back on at 5 pm for me.
    Lately here the lights have been going out about 8 PM here and then come back on about midnite!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the campo !!!!!

No blackouts in the past few years for us....... except on Tuesday's from time to time for maintenance.

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...saw a few days ago that Danilo was asking for a loan of $400 million dollars US... to improve the electric grid?...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ETED WORKS IN THE RESTORATION OF THE ELECTRICAL SERVICE

Blackouts over the whole DR today, caused by the fallout of the generators at Punta Catalina I at 3:46 p.m, losing about half the country’s energy supply.

As of now 11:35 the problems still persists, we have our second blackout here in Cabarete today now.
    Hopefully the problems will be resolved until tomorrow morning.

The Dominican Electricity Transmission Company (ETED) reported tonight that the failure recorded in the National Interconnected Electric System (SENI) caused the loss of some 1,319 Megawatts (MW) of 2,595 MW that were in line.

He said that this represents 51% of the total demand supplied at that time, which left Gran Santo Domingo and the eastern part of the country without service.

He indicated that the fault was recorded at 3:46 p.m. in the subsystem at 138 kV transmission.

The ETED emphasized that it is currently taking the necessary measures to restore the system and is investigating what caused it.

As for the companies providing the service, he explained that the Northern Electricity Distributor (EdeNorte) has 94 circuits out of service; Edesur (Distribuidora del Sur), about 15 and EdeEste (Distribuidora del Este), about 7.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The incompetence continues. When I asked about the blackouts yesterday, Edenorte said it was because the power from our substation was "bajo frequencia". Right.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

24/7 power from EdeNorte is not any closer to being 24/7 today than when I first got it almost 10 years ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The incompetence continues. When I asked about the blackouts yesterday, Edenorte said it was because the power from our substation was "bajo frequencia". Right.
    Nah, that information is not incorrect, it was the truth. Several power generation units were disconnected from the national grid.This caused the frequency to drop and demanded disconnections of substations across the country. Normal occurrence when power demand is larger than what is produced.But they could for sure tell you the background of the frequency drop that caused the blackouts

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but reminded of the recent thread dealing with the proposed liquefied propane pipeline and storage facility. This country can't keep the lights on. Back home electricians and gas techs go to school for at least two years to learn how to properly work on these systems and must maintain in good standing a Govt issued license to work on these systems.

Here it seems that any Pedro with a pair of scissors and rubber flip flops (the flip flops being optional apparently) can pretty much do whatever they like with no understanding of the work they are performing. Sure, equipment fails from time to time. This was not however the only significant blackout on the island that I can remember. Losing 51% of the transmission capability seems to indicate that much more can and should be done to limit the impact of such failures in the future. We know there will be another one, it's just a mater of time.

Based on what I have experienced in my short time here, I have no confidence in the electrical system, water system, the construction industry or any other infrastructure that relies on proven principles and practices to be operated safely and efficiently. When there is a large quantity of LP being stored and moved around the countryside are we really prepared to accept it when "they" say Ooops? Crikey!

13. Likes Big liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast