Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    There are a lot more people in Cabarete on 24/7 than there were before, so compared to the non-24/7 circuits that they were on before, you could say it has improved a lot, but our backup generator is running just as much now as it was almost 10 years ago when our condo first got 24/7.

I'm just east of Cabarete, so it might be just the circuit I'm on, but I doubt it. Whenever the power is off here, it also seems to be off in town and friends of mine on the west side of Cabarete are w/o power also.

How long have you lived here?
    Ok, then I understand. I have been living in Callejon De La Loma and now ProCab. The progress I referred to is the amount of people having more stable power, e.g upgraded to 24/7. It is evident that the effort by the EDE’s still is targeting that upgrades.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Hogwash and has nothing to do with the competence of workers in this country to operate any such system safely. You are a habitual DR apologist. You are free to hold any opinions you wish even if they amount to fairy tales. I promise not to say I told you so when an area gets vaporized sometime in the future.
    Of course there is risk, I have said so in that thread as well as others. But progress has always had it risks.

My first years in this country I went furious as well when things did not work out as it does at home. But I choose to adapt and enjoy my life here, if I want I can move home, I am a guest.

With your level of arguments I politely refer from further comments

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Ok, then I understand. I have been living in Callejon De La Loma and now ProCab. The progress I referred to is the amount of people having more stable power, e.g upgraded to 24/7. It is evident that the effort by the EDE’s still is targeting that upgrades.
    We are on the same circuit which is CABT102. Things went well for a while and now are not so "well".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Perhaps some day they will focus again on theft of power. Seems they have been ignoring that detail again after making some efforts to control theft. And subsidizing the grid while losing money needed to keep things operational is what happens when you have a government agency in charge instead of a real business.

Don't you just immensely dislike the comments of "it happens everywhere" in just about every thread? That kind of statement is totally irrelevant. It happens here, all the time, and that is what matters.
    Cant resist to comment that an explanation were requested why the other power plants went of grid.

I provided that explanation and pointed to the recent UK blackout were the said event occured if someone even wanted to know facts.

Want go down to your level of debate. Yes I know the statistics of theft and it went down 2% last year for Edenorte. Was 95% in the beginning.

I am out

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because one's little part of the island has not seen any improvement in the last 10 years, as far as electricity is concerned, does not mean there were no improvements.

See my post back in the thread.

Last night was the first time in months that we had an extended blackout. Usually the " maintaining " once every 2 weeks or so is only for a couple of hours.

So on one hand we have a couple of thousand of people in a touristy town in the north coast who have the same electricity as 10 years ago, and on the other hand we have a couple of million campisinos who went from a few hours of luz to close to 24h luz in 10 years...... seems like progress to me.
    And don't get me going on the " stability" of the electricity. In the last couple of years it has gone from oscillating wildly to nearly stable. ( i used to have lows at 60v !!!! ) .
    No more need for " full house " stabilizer. And the individual surge protectors only kick in when the luz comes back on ( built in security of a couple of minutes, i am guessing ).
    I used to have tons of problem with the 2 GE fridge/freezer combos...... changed for a newer whirlpool fridge/freezer touch-pad combo thingy...... and fingers crossed, no problems yet.

6. Likes etolw liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678