Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A man drowned in Sosua beach yesterday

I have not seen this on any thread, if it was reported please move it to that thread.

It's sad to see a man drowned in Sosua beach yesterday (Wed 4 Sep 2019). I just arrived when I saw the body being put in the ambulance. It was such a nice day and calm sea, many theories, too much to eat and drink or having a heart attack were among them, but who knows until proper autopsy that probably won't be done...

RIP, it was just a sad way to go in such a nice day on the beach. It wasn't even clear where he was from, they said Dominican, but also American, so people said he had residency in both... !

As usual the body was left without a proper cover (only face covered) so the usual social media crazy taking their pics and videos, it seems to be an obsession here with the dead, they are just so slow removing them and leave them for a show, unlike in the west...!

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

https://eldia.com.do/estadounidense-...laya-de-sosua/ American vet. They say he died of indigestion - ate, went swimming, dragged out to deep water. RIP.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew before I even looked at the Pic ID ( from the indigestion theory, and comment Matilda made) , this man HAD to be in his 50's ..
    Eating a big meal and then immediately going for a long swim in the deep water , NOT a good idea. especially at our age .

May be RIP, and Condolences to his Family and all his Friends ...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's almost unbelievable, I heard about not eating a lot and swimming but never thought it could end up like this.

The sea was exactly like swimming pool yesterday, not a slightest of waves (contrary to what is mentioned in the article) and many people around, very strange.... Not sure where or how far out he went swimming, but it is amazing this could happen there and then...!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when does the DR news ever get something right? The guy was probably far out and drowned. There is no under tow there or large waves of any kind.

6. Likes zoomzx11, Uzin liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Since when does the DR news ever get something right? The guy was probably far out and drowned. There is no under tow there or large waves of any kind.
    It is almost impossible to just Drown for " no reason" , for someone who can swim out that far ... you can FLOAT for HOURS..

So this actually a very believable scenario. Any Doctor will tell you, if you have a beer Gut ( Visceral FAT ),, your lung capacity is greatly reduced ,and Eating a heavy meal, and then going for a long swim , especially in your 50's . is a very bad idea ..

not looking for a debate .... but this is coming straight from a Doctor ..
    Hopefully this Mans Tragic Death is not in vain ..

8. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

IDT anyone should go swimming any ocean water that is too deep, without wearing a life jacket. Water can even look calm on top but dangerous currents can be below the surface. Too easy to get sucked out. There are some amazing stories like that of Rob Konrad. He was not wearing a life jacket. RIP to this man who died.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/i...ing-overboard/

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't doubt the part about food, it is the man being taken out to sea somehow by the current or whatever they assumed in the article. It well could be a medical issue that took him down. I knew a guy that was an excellent swimmer that drowned in one of the Greek Islands and it was diagnosed as a heart attack.

11. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a suicidal drowning. Very sad.

R.I.P and thank you for your service.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I don't doubt the part about food, it is the man being taken out to sea somehow by the current or whatever they assumed in the article. It well could be a medical issue that took him down. I knew a guy that was an excellent swimmer that drowned in one of the Greek Islands and it was diagnosed as a heart attack.
    When I was in HS there was a Doctor who lived my hood. He was a avid jogger, almost every morning. One morning while jogging he had a heart attack and boom died immediately. Late 40's I believe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast