Great Dane Pups

C

cobraboy

I know ads are not allowed here but unrelated third-party reviews and endorsements are.

We recently lost out eight months old Great Dane pup, Neo, to an aggressibe bone cancer, and wanted a new pup.

Gtreat Danes are not that common here and many know. And they are fantastic animals.

I found out that a premier breeder of top-quality AKC Great Danes had a litter of eleven and has several still not reserved. They are 7 weeks old.

We visited her kennel in Sosua yesterday and reserved a gorgeous male Harlequin pup.

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll get you in touch.

Nothing in it for me beyond passing the word of some quality puppies from a concerned breeder.

The litter:

pxME6k.jpg

We picked the Harlequin between the merle and black in the middle, new name Baron.

C

chico bill

Is the pup that died the one that was attacked for which you wanted a stun gun?

C

cobraboy

Is the pup that died the one that was attacked for which you wanted a stun gun?
Yes he was. Advanced osteosarcoma at 8 months, very unusual for a dog that age. We put him to sleep last week. Very sad.

One door closes and another door opens...

B

bob saunders

I know ads are not allowed here but unrelated third-party reviews and endorsements are.

We recently lost out eight months old Great Dane pup, Neo, to an aggressibe bone cancer, and wanted a new pup.

Gtreat Danes are not that common here and many know. And they are fantastic animals.

I found out that a premier breeder of top-quality AKC Great Danes had a litter of eleven and has several still not reserved. They are 7 weeks old.

We visited her kennel in Sosua yesterday and reserved a gorgeous male Harlequin pup.

Nothing in it for me beyond passing the word of some quality puppies from a concerned breeder.

The litter:

pxME6k.jpg

We picked the Harlequin between the merle and black in the middle, new name Baron.

They are all kind of ugly cute.

J

janlindy

I know the breeder, she had help me with our rescue dog. Wonderful trainer and kennels. jan

W

william webster

Watch Mercado Liobre and Corotos... yes, they are here in RD

Personally, for that breed - I would import

D

Drake

Has anyone ever seen Doberman Pinchers there?

Yes - i have pure Dobermanns - the bitch is old enough now and we are waiting for her to come on heat. We brought her from Chile. Send me your whatsapp private and i will forward you pictures of them

C

cobraboy

Watch Mercado Liobre and Corotos... yes, they are here in RD

Personally, for that breed - I would import
I would be very leery of "back yard breeders." I didn't do good due diligence on my Neo, and found out the hard way. And his "patents" are friends in our social circle.

D

Drake

I would be very leery of "back yard breeders." I didn't do good due diligence on my Neo, and found out the hard way. And his "patents" are friends in our social circle.
Not sure if you are referring to me as a back yard breeder but my dogs have all their papers and are probably the best Dobermans in the country. Steel and Cordelia are American origin breed whilst I should be getting a German origin bitch soon. We should have puppies before Christmas.

C

Celt202

The litter:

pxME6k.jpg

Those are the bestest bork borks. They are at lapdog age which doesn't last long for Great Danes.

My favorite 2 legged great Dane of all time was Victor Borge. I saw him live in a free concert in the Tivoli Gardens that I just wandered into many moons ago.

C

cobraboy

Not sure if you are referring to me as a back yard breeder but my dogs have all their papers and are probably the best Dobermans in the country. Steel and Cordelia are American origin breed whilst I should be getting a German origin bitch soon. We should have puppies before Christmas.
You? Not at all.

But the DR is rife with back yard breeders who will inbreed resulting in poor strains and health issues.

C

cmantis

I brought my Papillon from US. Thinking of getting him a gf soon. Both are from show lines. Im a firm believee in research and careful selection of pets as food/toys/vets will cost way more in lomg run.

H

Hillbilly

I always admired CB's love of Great Danes. I wish I could have another.

However, we are extremely selective in choosing our dogs. Really. If it is not abandoned, sick or near death, we will not take a second look.!! No way!!

Rufo, our beautiful Chow Chow mix was found rooting through garbage not far from my old house in Los Jardines. He was so weak he could not walk back to the house for food, my wife (the doctor) carried him, and once he got there a little black dog we had barked at him and he ran away. Didn't even eat. We had to take food to the Park and call out for him every night: "RUFO? RUFO!!" and he and his gang would show up to eat...When we heard that "they" were poisoning the dogs that roamed the park, my young wife set out with a sister to find Rufo. Up and Down streets, this way and that. No Rufo. At around 10 p.m., she looked up a long street and thought she saw something. "Rufo! Rufo!" she called, and the big goof came trotting up to her. Stinking like a garbage truck sitting in the sun, she put him on her lap, back to the house and we used a whole bottle of Dawn dish soap to wash and wash him....that was four years ago.

There are three other really great dogs in our gang. All selectively bred and highly culled by fate to become ours. Pirulo was run over by ambulances twice. Bubu was so close to starvation that her hair was that reddish hue you see in the photos of people in far away continents. And Pecas was found, maybe three weeks old, thrown on the side of a street that I mistakenly turned into, with worms crawling in three holes in her stomach and fleas roaming like ants at a picnic.....she weighed 8 ounces. She is now weighing 19 pounds and is gorgeous!!

Yessir, we do choose our animals most carefully...

HB, with a little tongue in cheek and a bit of wistfulness that we can't get one of those GD puppies...

C

cobraboy

I always admired CB's love of Great Danes. I wish I could have another.

However, we are extremely selective in choosing our dogs. Really. If it is not abandoned, sick or near death, we will not take a second look.!! No way!!

Rufo, our beautiful Chow Chow mix was found rooting through garbage not far from my old house in Los Jardines. He was so weak he could not walk back to the house for food, my wife (the doctor) carried him, and once he got there a little black dog we had barked at him and he ran away. Didn't even eat. We had to take food to the Park and call out for him every night: "RUFO? RUFO!!" and he and his gang would show up to eat...When we heard that "they" were poisoning the dogs that roamed the park, my young wife set out with a sister to find Rufo. Up and Down streets, this way and that. No Rufo. At around 10 p.m., she looked up a long street and thought she saw something. "Rufo! Rufo!" she called, and the big goof came trotting up to her. Stinking like a garbage truck sitting in the sun, she put him on her lap, back to the house and we used a whole bottle of Dawn dish soap to wash and wash him....that was four years ago.

There are three other really great dogs in our gang. All selectively bred and highly culled by fate to become ours. Pirulo was run over by ambulances twice. Bubu was so close to starvation that her hair was that reddish hue you see in the photos of people in far away continents. And Pecas was found, maybe three weeks old, thrown on the side of a street that I mistakenly turned into, with worms crawling in three holes in her stomach and fleas roaming like ants at a picnic.....she weighed 8 ounces. She is now weighing 19 pounds and is gorgeous!!

Yessir, we do choose our animals most carefully...

HB, with a little tongue in cheek and a bit of wistfulness that we can't get one of those GD puppies...
3 of our dogs were street dogs. We had one GD rescue that didn't work out because she needed a single-dog home. GD Toby died at 10, and we just lost GD Neo to cancer.

I love Great Danes, my favorite breed other than Jack Russels.

Alida works with the local Animal Protection Brigade, and they are always working with sick, hurt and abused dogs. Very sad.

J

JDJones

I provide financial support to an animal rescue place in San Cristobal called Diakimyi.

It is run by a woman animal lover who does not say no to a rescue.

Her Instagram and Facebook is full of rescued pets - the condition they were in when found, and what they look like now.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a stray in San Cristobal; I'm pretty sure she has them all.

As can be imagined she always needs financial assistance. She is in debt with most of the vets in San Cris and many in Santo Domingo too.

She is a wonderful woman doing God's work with these animals but her debt is in the thousands of dollars. Yet she forges ahead.

If anyone would like to contribute please send me a DM and I'll supply her bank acct. number or it can be found on her IG page.

C

cobraboy

I provide financial support to an animal rescue place in San Cristobal called Diakimyi.

It is run by a woman animal lover who does not say no to a rescue.

Her Instagram and Facebook is full of rescued pets - the condition they were in when found, and what they look like now.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a stray in San Cristobal; I'm pretty sure she has them all.

As can be imagined she always needs financial assistance. She is in debt with most of the vets in San Cris and many in Santo Domingo too.

She is a wonderful woman doing God's work with these animals but her debt is in the thousands of dollars. Yet she forges ahead.

If anyone would like to contribute please send me a DM and I'll supply her bank acct. number or it can be found on her IG page.
I've sent a few $$$ to DR1er Celt202 who also does dog rescue in Santo Domingo.

Alida says that every municipality has $$$ for some sort of dog rescue facility through the ayuntamiento...if they'd only use it for that purpose.