Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Transportation to Sajoma and 27 Waterfalls

    Good Afternoon everyone. I am coming to Santiago in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

    1. What's a good way to get to the 27 waterfalls? Can an Uber, taxi or guagua take you there? If so, what's the safest and most cost effective way?


    2. What about getting to Sajoma? I want to go there as well and the same questions apply as the first one. Also would it be safe to go from Sajoma to Santiago at night?

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws2003 View Post
    Good Afternoon everyone. I am coming to Santiago in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

    1. What's a good way to get to the 27 waterfalls? Can an Uber, taxi or guagua take you there? If so, what's the safest and most cost effective way?


    2. What about getting to Sajoma? I want to go there as well and the same questions apply as the first one. Also would it be safe to go from Sajoma to Santiago at night?
    https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-...9-de-las-Matas It is recommended not to drive at night in the DR.

  3. Likes Jaws2003 liked this post
  4. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-...9-de-las-Matas It is recommended not to drive at night in the DR.
    Thank you for the link. I am liking the looks of taking an Uber. Also I will not travel at night on the road.

  5. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Uber prolly cost a lot more than a guagua. And NO I wouldn't recommend night travel although when I had my van I did some trips to the airport and back for some 3 AM frights.
    Derfish

  6. Likes Jaws2003 liked this post
  7. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Uber prolly cost a lot more than a guagua. And NO I wouldn't recommend night travel although when I had my van I did some trips to the airport and back for some 3 AM frights.
    Derfish
    That's good to know!! I totally forgot about the 3am drives to the airport at first. Would am uber do that drive or wouls I need to go before the sun goes down?

    Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws2003 View Post
    That's good to know!! I totally forgot about the 3am drives to the airport at first. Would am uber do that drive or wouls I need to go before the sun goes down?

    Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
    I have spent the night at STI more than once. Laying asleep an employee always so far wakes me up telling me if I should be on that flight I gotta go.

  9. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Uber prolly cost a lot more than a guagua. And NO I wouldn't recommend night travel although when I had my van I did some trips to the airport and back for some 3 AM frights.
    Derfish
    Uber, the choice for a 3am park rendezvous

  10. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good morning
    There are tours leaving from some of the hotels here in Santiago almost every day for 27 waterfalls. Once there, you better be careful of you will come back in a body bag. It has happened more than once. Just follow the guide's instructions.

    Re: San Jose de las Matas (a.k.a. Sajoma). There are small public buses that leave every few minutes. It is an easy drive.

    I think I would go with public transportation up to Sajoma.

    Let us know what your plans are. Maybe we can find a tour for you..

    HB
    Moderator DR1.com

  11. Likes Jaws2003 liked this post
  12. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Good morning
    There are tours leaving from some of the hotels here in Santiago almost every day for 27 waterfalls. Once there, you better be careful of you will come back in a body bag. It has happened more than once. Just follow the guide's instructions.

    Re: San Jose de las Matas (a.k.a. Sajoma). There are small public buses that leave every few minutes. It is an easy drive.

    I think I would go with public transportation up to Sajoma.

    Let us know what your plans are. Maybe we can find a tour for you..

    HB
    That's some good information to know. I will be staying in an airbnb but I will look at the guaguas going to sajoma. Also minus the airport drives I will make sure to be inside or in the city.

    Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

  13. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Good morning
    There are tours leaving from some of the hotels here in Santiago almost every day for 27 waterfalls. Once there, you better be careful of you will come back in a body bag. It has happened more than once. Just follow the guide's instructions.

    Re: San Jose de las Matas (a.k.a. Sajoma). There are small public buses that leave every few minutes. It is an easy drive.

    I think I would go with public transportation up to Sajoma.

    Let us know what your plans are. Maybe we can find a tour for you..

    HB
    The tours that run out of Puerto Plata turn a $25.00 taxi ride into an $80.00 tour. Most any guagua that goes thru the tunnel from Santiago can drop you off there for less than $5.00 I am sure. Plus the entry fee, of course.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •