Transportation to Sajoma and 27 Waterfalls

J

Jaws2003

Good Afternoon everyone. I am coming to Santiago in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

1. What's a good way to get to the 27 waterfalls? Can an Uber, taxi or guagua take you there? If so, what's the safest and most cost effective way?

2. What about getting to Sajoma? I want to go there as well and the same questions apply as the first one. Also would it be safe to go from Sajoma to Santiago at night?

B

bob saunders

Good Afternoon everyone. I am coming to Santiago in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

1. What's a good way to get to the 27 waterfalls? Can an Uber, taxi or guagua take you there? If so, what's the safest and most cost effective way?

2. What about getting to Sajoma? I want to go there as well and the same questions apply as the first one. Also would it be safe to go from Sajoma to Santiago at night?

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-de-los-Caballeros/San-José-de-las-Matas It is recommended not to drive at night in the DR.

D

Derfish

Uber prolly cost a lot more than a guagua. And NO I wouldn't recommend night travel although when I had my van I did some trips to the airport and back for some 3 AM frights.
Derfish

J

Jaws2003

Uber prolly cost a lot more than a guagua. And NO I wouldn't recommend night travel although when I had my van I did some trips to the airport and back for some 3 AM frights.
Derfish
That's good to know!! I totally forgot about the 3am drives to the airport at first. Would am uber do that drive or wouls I need to go before the sun goes down?

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

D

Derfish

That's good to know!! I totally forgot about the 3am drives to the airport at first. Would am uber do that drive or wouls I need to go before the sun goes down?

I have spent the night at STI more than once. Laying asleep an employee always so far wakes me up telling me if I should be on that flight I gotta go.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Derfish

Uber, the choice for a 3am park rendezvous

H

Hillbilly

Good morning
There are tours leaving from some of the hotels here in Santiago almost every day for 27 waterfalls. Once there, you better be careful of you will come back in a body bag. It has happened more than once. Just follow the guide's instructions.

Re: San Jose de las Matas (a.k.a. Sajoma). There are small public buses that leave every few minutes. It is an easy drive.

I think I would go with public transportation up to Sajoma.

Let us know what your plans are. Maybe we can find a tour for you..

HB

J

Jaws2003

Good morning
There are tours leaving from some of the hotels here in Santiago almost every day for 27 waterfalls. Once there, you better be careful of you will come back in a body bag. It has happened more than once. Just follow the guide's instructions.

Re: San Jose de las Matas (a.k.a. Sajoma). There are small public buses that leave every few minutes. It is an easy drive.

HB
That's some good information to know. I will be staying in an airbnb but I will look at the guaguas going to sajoma. Also minus the airport drives I will make sure to be inside or in the city.

D

Derfish

Good morning

HB

The tours that run out of Puerto Plata turn a $25.00 taxi ride into an $80.00 tour. Most any guagua that goes thru the tunnel from Santiago can drop you off there for less than $5.00 I am sure. Plus the entry fee, of course.