Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Tax and Legal Advisor

Hi all,

I am a new Dominican citizen and want to get the best advice for how to set-up my affairs in DR with the best tax structures.

Is there anyone or any firm you can recommend who can advise me?

Thanks,

SDV

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

hey sneaky. are you a U.S citizen? if so your best consultation will be with a tax law consultant state side. FYI there is no way around the vigorish.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if you have to come on this forum seeking tax advise, you don't have enough money to be worried about it?

4. Likes Big liked this post
    Dislikes Sosua Sonny disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

great point

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

US tax lawyers would be of little to no help regarding Dominican taxes. Sneaky is looking for a Dominican Tax lawyer.

Post Thanks / Like

I am Canadian, not American. I actually do make a lot of money and so want to make sure I structure things best so I am not raped in DR. So, I need a top local DR tax person who is familiar with expats.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A man named Sneaky (who makes a lot of money) looking for tax structures in DR

9. Likes Big, chico bill, Bred liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    US tax lawyers would be of little to no help regarding Dominican taxes. Sneaky is looking for a Dominican Tax lawyer.
    wrong as usually !! If you are a U.S Citizen (he now indicates he is not) that is your first and foremost contact. I work for a U.S company here and have for many years. A Dominican tax dude cannot properly advise most x-pats unless you are just serving a few drinks at a beach casita.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyDV View Post
    I am Canadian, not American. I actually do make a lot of money and so want to make sure I structure things best so I am not raped in DR. So, I need a top local DR tax person who is familiar with expats.
    I suggest that you ask your Canadian tax lawyer for a referral to a Dominican tax lawyer. I am certain that the Canadian will be able to assist you make the transition. The international tax community is smaller than most people realize, particularly when engaging in international tax issues.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    wrong as usually !! If you are a U.S Citizen (he now indicates he is not) that is your first and foremost contact. I work for a U.S company here and have for many years. A Dominican tax dude cannot properly advise most x-pats unless you are just serving a few drinks at a beach casita.
    I contacted, recently, a couple of lawyers in the US about Dominican taxes. These were lawyers who deal with expats. They told me that I needed to talk to a DR lawyer about DR taxes.

So I was "wrong as usually". I am, in fact, hardly ever wrong. When I am, I admit it.

I will await the OP after he contacts a Canadian tax lawyers to see what they say to him.

Dr_Taylor proposed a reasonable approach to get a referral from a Canadian lawyer on a Dominican Lawyer. Probably hard to do, but you never know.

Big - I spoke to three US based Expat specilalist lawyers and they all told me the same thing. Talk to a DR lawyer. I am not wrong on this point.
    Last edited by windeguy; 09-10-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast