New here but not to DR

S

saabald

Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum and was happy to see so many ppl from the DR.
I lived in Santo Domingo for about 4 years more than 10 years ago. I went to medical school there.
It was a great experience and loved the ppl there and ofcourse the beautiful beaches were just the icing on the top.

Thinking of returning and revisiting with my family now.

I know a lot must have changed over the last decade. What should i be most prepared for?

S

saabald

Thanks for the tip Derfish:)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

F

Fulano2

Welcome to the forum. Does your nick has something to do with Saab?

M

Matilda

More cars on the road. New highways to the east and round Santo Domingo. Prices increased - a lot in some cases. Hotter and drier. Welcome aboard.

Matilda

S

saabald

More cars on the road. New highways to the east and round Santo Domingo. Prices increased - a lot in some cases. Hotter and drier. Welcome aboard.

Matilda

I do remember weather being very hot but beautiful warm beaches made up for it. Hard to find such beauty in most places.

Traffic and cost of living seems to be going up everywhere it seems unfortunately...

D

Dr_Taylor

Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum and was happy to see so many ppl from the DR.
I lived in Santo Domingo for about 4 years more than 10 years ago. I went to medical school there.
It was a great experience and loved the ppl there and ofcourse the beautiful beaches were just the icing on the top.

Thinking of returning and revisiting with my family now.

I know a lot must have changed over the last decade. What should i be most prepared for?
Welcome to the board. I do not know if the Metro existed in Santo Domingo where you lived here.

S

saabald

Welcome to the board. I do not know if the Metro existed in Santo Domingo where you lived here.

Thank you Dr_Taylor!
No, Metro started afterwards. Hope its going well and provided some transportation relief.

J

JamesCollins55

Hello everyone, yesterday I joined this forum. From yesterday to today, I visited this forum site a lot. This forum site is really very informative.

F

Fulano2

Hahaha. I thought of Saab ald, old Saab. I still have a 99, not daily driver though.