David Ortiz throws first pitch last night

Z

zoomzx11

Absolutely wonderful to see Big Papi up and going.
He is one lucky guy to have survived.
I have a feeling he will not be hanging around bars in the future.
Papi seems to be the kind of guy who learns from mistakes.

W

windeguy

It was a great night, with the Yankees shutting out Boston (and their best pitcher) 5 to 0 as well as mathematically eliminating Boston from winning the division. That coming off the announcement of the firing of Boston's GM. I don't think a team has fallen as far this fast before.

Big Papi did share some sunflower seeds with the Boston manager.

N

NelleG

I don't think a team has fallen as far this fast before.

Oh but they have. 2014. After winning it all in 2013, finished dead last behind even Baltimore. This year, in part due to how horrible Baltimore has become, they will at least not finish in last place. Dombrowski leaving was more of a parting of ways than a firing. But you know how the sports media likes to blow things out of proportion.

W

windeguy

Oh but they have. 2014. After winning it all in 2013, finished dead last behind even Baltimore. This year, in part due to how horrible Baltimore has become, they will at least not finish in last place. Dombrowski leaving was more of a parting of ways than a firing. But you know how the sports media likes to blow things out of proportion.

Yes I heard the rumors of Boston doing well fairly recently. Glad to see that has changed for the "better".

Go Yankees.

N

NelleG

Yes I heard the rumors of Boston doing well fairly recently. Glad to see that has changed for the "better".

Go Yankees.

this is where we agree to disagree. I am a Houston fan now that the Sox are out of it.

W

windeguy

this is where we agree to disagree. I am a Houston fan now that the Sox are out of it.

Well, there is that. When the Yankees are out, I don't care who else wins. I only watch the Yankees. If they are not playing, I pay no attention to who is.

Go Yankees.

W

william webster

Absolutely wonderful to see Big Papi up and going.
He is one lucky guy to have survived.
I have a feeling he will not be hanging around bars in the future.
Papi seems to be the kind of guy who learns from mistakes.

The two warnings to back off that girl didn't seem to sink in.....

3 strike rule was applied

N

NelleG

I am a Red Sox fan, and a fan of whoever beats the Yankees :rambo: