PUJ Car rental

A

Apreton

Has anyone had luck having car rental employees honor credit card CDW waiver at PUJ airport? It only happened to me once back in 2016 and it was Budget. Couple of times after that I was not able to talk them into accepting it. Many places in Bavaro can give you a rental without purchasing insurance for about $30/day but you have to leave your passport.

D

Dr_Taylor

Has anyone had luck having car rental employees honor credit card CDW waiver at PUJ airport? It only happened to me once back in 2016 and it was Budget. Couple of times after that I was not able to talk them into accepting it. Many places in Bavaro can give you a rental without purchasing insurance for about $30/day but you have to leave your passport.
I rented with Hertz several months using AMEX. Hertz already presumed that I was declining the CDW, but I did take the personal liability. I never present a passport in the RD. I show my cedula. I do not leave my passport with anyone, in fact, I do not carry a passport here. I am a legal resident.

N

NelleG

Leaving my passport with anyone for anything would be a deal breaker.

A

Apreton

How much was personal liability if you don't mind sharing it? I remember paying around $50/day just for insurance. I do leave my passport with a rental guy in Sosua but I have known him for 10 years and never had a problem.

D

Dr_Taylor

How much was personal liability if you don't mind sharing it? I remember paying around $50/day just for insurance. I do leave my passport with a rental guy in Sosua but I have known him for 10 years and never had a problem.
If I remember, the personal liability was approximately $15/day. I strongly suggest getting the personal liability in the country. Also, and I repeat, I do not leave my passport with anyone. The franchise can photocopy the page with your information. It does not need to hold the passport. In fact, I would provide the photocopy.