Best Pharmacy

N

NanSanPedro

Hi, any recommendations for best pharmacy in San Pedro, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica, or SD?

My med supply is running low and I need to fill up. Ideally, the pharmacy would also take credit cards as my ATM card is somewhere in the bowels of a Popolar Branch in Boca Chica.

If it helps, I'm looking for Syntroid (thyroid med), Metformina (T2 Diabetes), and atorvastatin (high cholesterol).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

C

Caonabo

I happen to prefer Carol, and have never had an issue of note. There are many dubious, or shall I say suspect pharmacies nationwide that sell counterfeit or expired medications. This is not the case with Carol. Branches I have visited always have knowledgeable, well trained staff on hand.
Cleanliness and orgnization is ever present.
Some locations are open 24/7, holidays included.
Delivery service offered as well.
And yes, credit cards are accepted.
In Juan Dolio, there is a location located right in front of Metro CC, which tends to be slightly higher in pricing due to the clientele it serves.
In San Pedro, there are two locations, one within the Jumbo shopping complex, and another (24/7) on the Calle Sanchez.
https://www.farmaciacarol.com/

X

XTraveller

IN San Pedro Iberia has a pharmacy which I find cheaper than Carol for my meds but if with local insurance sometimes it take a long time,(many people) if paid without insurance faster. Yes they take credit cards. also if you have a bank popular iberia master card 5% discount without insurance.

You should also look into the generic version of you meds also a lot cheaper.

Xtraveller

D

Dolores

The best pharmacy is probably the one that is closest to you!

Anyway... good to know that Farmacia Medicar GBC pharmacy chain has a 15% off all purchases of RD$1,000 on Saturdays. Good day to save.

C

Caonabo

The best pharmacy is probably the one that is closest to you!

Anyway... good to know that Farmacia Medicar GBC pharmacy chain has a 15% off all purchases of RD$1,000 on Saturdays. Good day to save.

Regarding "pharmacy closest to you", this is simply not the case, and could also prove to be very dangerous, especially here within the RD.
Again, as previously stated, there are many dubious, and suspect pharmacies nationwide that sell counterfeit or expired medications. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals are a major business. Especially those medications that are shipped in from China and India.
Some pharmacy staffs possess zero knowledge of medications or dosages, utilizing Google to advise customers.
Just as one should take caution with grocery shopping and dining out, they should follow the same protocol for purchasing their pharmaceuticals.