Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
  1. #111
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another " favorite" thing in dr.

    Pick-up truck that sells fruit, driving up and down the road in front of my house.
    10 pineapples and 5 melons for 200 pesos this morning..........
    Somehow a watermelon ended up in my kitchen, but that was from a diffrent pick up truck.

    Slice them and dice them !!! Stick them in tuppawares and then in the fridge.
    I then eat them in the evening, swinging in my hammock.....

    Tonight i might even indulge in a piña colada.
    What a time to be alive !!!!!!!

  2. #112
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being a man in his 40s dating drop dead gorgeous women in their 20s. You're a dirty old man in the states but here it's normal. Its a drug that I just cant get enough of.

  3. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  4. #113
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Another " favorite" thing in dr.

    Pick-up truck that sells fruit, driving up and down the road in front of my house.
    10 pineapples and 5 melons for 200 pesos this morning..........
    Somehow a watermelon ended up in my kitchen, but that was from a diffrent pick up truck.

    Slice them and dice them !!! Stick them in tuppawares and then in the fridge.
    I then eat them in the evening, swinging in my hammock.....

    Tonight i might even indulge in a piña colada.
    What a time to be alive !!!!!!!
    I am so jealous.

    Wanted to buy an avocado the other day, those things were hard as rocks, would have made perfect weapons... Oh well, guess I ll have to wait until December.

  5. Likes malko liked this post
  6. #114
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    I am so jealous.

    Wanted to buy an avocado the other day, those things were hard as rocks, would have made perfect weapons... Oh well, guess I ll have to wait until December.
    Bad year for avocados not enough rain......

    Fingers crossed for the december yield.

  7. #115
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Who buys two eggs Do you buy 5 pesos de pasta de tomate as well? And you dont think they laugh at you as well?
    I know a girl now in her early 30s, the people from her colmado call her “Chicle” (bubblegum), they even refer to her house as “la casa de chicle” (chicle’s house). She has lived in her residential her whole life.

    Apparently when she was a kid she would call the colmado all the time and order one piece of chicle, they always delivered. What kind of heartless prick wouldn’t deliver bubblegum to a little girl?

  8. Likes JDJones liked this post
  9. #116
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Bad year for avocados not enough rain......

    Fingers crossed for the december yield.
    The worst avocado in DR would be considered a delicacy here in NYC *sigh*

    The only thing I hate about December in DR is that it is NOT mangoe season. Thankfully, I was in Jamaica during the season.

    Sorry for the off topic, but yeah, what I love about DR is the abundance and sweetness of fresh local fruits.

  10. Likes ramesses, malko, bob saunders, Russell liked this post
  11. #117
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    The question was not the price but the convenience...
    How about sending a whatsapp message to set up a manicure and pedicure at home within 2 hours.

    I also have a masajista.

    I freakin feel like Beyonce in DR.

  12. Likes RayO, JDJones, DRob liked this post
  13. #118
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Bad year for avocados not enough rain......

    Fingers crossed for the december yield.
    good crop here in Jarabacoa but then we got the rain. I just planted two trees that came from excellent avocadoes locally grown. Yes I'm with Africaida the fresh fruit is one of the best things about being in the DR.

  14. Likes Russell liked this post
  15. #119
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    How about sending a whatsapp message to set up a manicure and pedicure at home within 2 hours.

    I also have a masajista.

    I freakin feel like Beyonce in DR.
    I didn't want to go there but I also have a massage woman who does therapy to my bad knee every week and cleans my house from top to bottom because "a man shouldn't be doing that" all for 1k pesos a week.

    I didn't mention fresh vegetables because I've been buying them for so long I don't think twice about it.

  16. Likes Africaida liked this post
  17. #120
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thompstr View Post
    Going down to DR for 2 weeks at end of month
    I'll keep an eye on my blood sugars see if they go down
    Type 2 diabetes

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I agree...I also am type 2 Diabetic..... blood sugars 2 points lower in DR BP levels off in DR.... Its a good life in Luperon zone. Low cost is a factor. But marginal when compared to Nova Scotia... but the weather ...thats what made the difference.
    I am in the "golden years'' ... I will take what I can to make life easier.
    DR has it all.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •