Merengue Bar and disco Clásicos closed

C

chrisgy

Both Merengue Bar and Clasicos closed . Employees standing outside shocked . I don’t know if it was by officials or by owner. I’m sure some DR1 experts will chime in with details

C

chrisgy

Both Merengue Bar and Clasicos closed . Employees standing outside shocked . I don’t know if it was by officials or by owner. I’m sure some DR1 experts will chime in with details

Little more info , Merengue Bar still open but Clasicos closed (allegedly by the authorities for 3 months )

W

windeguy

Might it be the Mayor making good on the edict that bar/disco only locations needed to relocate away from the western part of Pedro Clisante? Which was just said by her and the Attorney General of the DR at a meeting of business owners. Hmmm, or it could just be a coincidence.

P

Polar Bear

Might it be the Mayor making good on the edict that bar/disco only locations needed to relocate away from the western part of Pedro Clisante? Which was just said by her and the Attorney General of the DR at a meeting of business owners. Hmmm, or it could just be a coincidence.

Or simple retaliation against Armando

B

Big

Maybe that's where they are going to put the new Rolex and Cartier showroom for all the new Ritz Carlton quests

C

Cdn_Gringo

That's where the bowling alley and the AMC megaplex is going to be located.

C

Caonabo

Maybe that's where they are going to put the new Rolex and Cartier showroom for all the new Ritz Carlton quests

Feeling lonely tonight? Need a hug?
Did you not say that things like this could not happen?

R

ramesses

They have been trying to close this club for at least ten years now.

B

Big

Bars have been closing and opening on Pedro C for over 10 years. Here is your opportunity to get in on the ground level and really make some big coin from all the travelers coming from Bermuda and the Saint Lucia

B

Big

Feeling lonely tonight? Need a hug?
Did you not say that things like this could not happen?

Hey, maybe you can invest in another one of those trinket shops that are down by the beach entrance, you can probably double your money in 40 years

L

lifeisgreat

Hey, maybe you can invest in another one of those trinket shops that are down by the beach entrance, you can probably double your money in 40 years
They are next on hit list...it going to be bumpy ride hold on to your big boy shorts...

R

ramesses

They are next on hit list...it going to be bumpy ride hold on to your big boy shorts...

It's great how the government is going to shut down those small local businesses so that large foreign companies can make their move in.

B

Big

It's been a bumpy ride for over 10 years. They can't patch the roads or fix the sidewalks for as long as I have been here

C

Caonabo

It's been a bumpy ride for over 10 years. They can't patch the roads or fix the sidewalks for as long as I have been here

They obviously have not seen a need to invest upon your sort of economic involvement within the community.

C

Caonabo

It's great how the government is going to shut down those small local businesses so that large foreign companies can make their move in.

Perhaps you and Big can open up a drinking establishment serving "philly" cheesesteaks and chips in a paper sack, for the sorts that believe in the success of this sort of venture.

B

Big

Perhaps you and Big can open up a drinking establishment serving "philly" cheesesteaks and chips in a paper sack, for the sorts that believe in the success of this sort of venture.

You may enjoy socializing with the x-pats that wear Crocs, sleeveless shirts and swim trunks slumped over their beer at one of those oh so trendy joints in Sosua, I assure you it ain't for moi. Maybe you all can discuss million dollar Sosua deals not worrying about spilling beer suds on your elegant croc evening wear

L

lifeisgreat

Guess you haven’t been around lately then...they have been repaving rd and patching and now widening main hwy...so far all your predictions have been wrong..eventually you will get one..

P

Polar Bear

They are in fact both closed tonight

B

Big

Guess you haven’t been around lately then...they have been repaving rd and patching and now widening main hwy...so far all your predictions have been wrong..eventually you will get one..

I don't know what roads you speak of, guess they also fixed the sewage system in your part of town as well so after a rain the smell doesn't knock you off a Moto. My assessments have been spot on for a decade, but hey if you want to pump up the town that's cool with me.