Sto. Dom < SDQ On a Budget: One Way Only

L

Lucas61

Take the airport guagua from Sto. Dom. to the airport front entrance for RD$ 70.

Notes:
a. The station is the same one with buses to Boca Chica. In fact, the airport express buses continue to Boca Chica BUT that is true only for the morning buses. When the last airport bus leaves in the morning, there are not more until the next day. That is why this is a one way affair.
b. My memory fails me. Double check. The fare used to be RD$ 60 but I believe it is now RD$ 70. The last bus leaves at 9 AM or 10 AM, I do not remember which, but it is NOT later than 10 AM, and I think it is probably 9 AM. The buses start around 6:00 AM. If you plan to do this, go to the station first, confirm its location and schedules.
c. The location is walking distance from Parque Enriquillo on Duarte. More specifically, it is on the street parallel to Duarte, but one block behind it (behind California Sederias), and a little north.
d. Caveat Emptor! The driver may know you are going to the airport but if you don't tell him you want to get off, he will just blow through there and never stop! (Most of the folk on these buses are not tourists who are actually flying but airport employees.) That happened to me once and I found myself leaving the airport to Boca Chica! I had to cross a highway (VERY CAREFULLY) and find a little congregation of motorcycles and take a motorcycle back in. Whew!

R

Riva_31

Take the airport guagua from Sto. Dom. to the airport front entrance for RD$ 70.

Notes:
a. The station is the same one with buses to Boca Chica. In fact, the airport express buses continue to Boca Chica BUT that is true only for the morning buses. When the last airport bus leaves in the morning, there are not more until the next day. That is why this is a one way affair.
b. My memory fails me. Double check. The fare used to be RD$ 60 but I believe it is now RD$ 70. The last bus leaves at 9 AM or 10 AM, I do not remember which, but it is NOT later than 10 AM, and I think it is probably 9 AM. The buses start around 6:00 AM. If you plan to do this, go to the station first, confirm its location and schedules.
c. The location is walking distance from Parque Enriquillo on Duarte. More specifically, it is on the street parallel to Duarte, but one block behind it (behind California Sederias), and a little north.
d. Caveat Emptor! The driver may know you are going to the airport but if you don't tell him you want to get off, he will just blow through there and never stop! (Most of the folk on these buses are not tourists who are actually flying but airport employees.) That happened to me once and I found myself leaving the airport to Boca Chica! I had to cross a highway (VERY CAREFULLY) and find a little congregation of motorcycles and take a motorcycle back in. Whew!

For those that comming from the south east also can take a local bus express to Santo Domingo, and nearby to the airport there is a taxi company that take you from there to the airport for 500.00 pesos, before they used to charge only 300.00 but last year I went with my brother to the airport and we meet us there, they charged 500.00 and we ask for a discount and paid 400.00