Translator

L

lisaura06

I need help finding a translator, who works with school transcripts , also i have a document with an Apostille , does that also have to be translated ?

Thanks !

M

Matilda

You need to say to translate from what language to what language. Most professional translators will only translate into their mother tongue. Second thing is if it is for legal purposes you usually need a legal translator - in the Dominican Republic, only Dominicans can be legal translators - usually means if they translate into English, it is not their mother tongue. Yes Apostilles also need to be translated. All legal translations then have to be certified as having been done by a legal translator by the procuraduria and the cost of the certification stamp needs to be added to the cost of the translation

Matilda

L

lisaura06

You need to say to translate from what language to what language. Most professional translators will only translate into their mother tongue. Second thing is if it is for legal purposes you usually need a legal translator - in the Dominican Republic, only Dominicans can be legal translators - usually means if they translate into English, it is not their mother tongue. Yes Apostilles also need to be translated. All legal translations then have to be certified as having been done by a legal translator by the procuraduria and the cost of the certification stamp needs to be added to the cost of the translation

Matilda

Sorry Matilda , From English to spanish ,I have high school transcripts and college transcripts that need to be translated for the Ministerio De educacion in order for them to let me even enroll in a University , Each of those paper have their own Apostille attached to them

M

Matilda

Sorry Matilda , From English to spanish ,I have high school transcripts and college transcripts that need to be translated for the Ministerio De educacion in order for them to let me even enroll in a University , Each of those paper have their own Apostille attached to them

Check if the Ministerio needs a legal translator, probably does. I can give you the name of someone in Santo Domingo - vinasolga@hotmail.com (Olga Vinas who is a legal translator) and also have someone in Puerto Plata if you need that. Once they have done one apostille the rest are all the same or similar.

Matilda

L

lisaura06

Check if the Ministerio needs a legal translator, probably does. I can give you the name of someone in Santo Domingo - vinasolga@hotmail.com (Olga Vinas who is a legal translator) and also have someone in Puerto Plata if you need that. Once they have done one apostille the rest are all the same or similar.

Matilda

Thank You Matilda, Any chance you might have one in the Santiago Area as well ?

M

Matilda

Don't know one in Santiago but you can email docs to Olga, she translates them, sends them back to you to check, then you put the originals on the bus (Caribe tours) she takes them with translation to the procuraduria and gets them stamped then buses them back to you. Easy and fast!

Matilda

B

bob saunders

Don't know one in Santiago but you can email docs to Olga, she translates them, sends them back to you to check, then you put the originals on the bus (Caribe tours) she takes them with translation to the procuraduria and gets them stamped then buses them back to you. Easy and fast!

Matilda

I can attest that Olga is very competent.

D

Derfish

Matilda

Yes please give me the name of some one in Puerto Plata.Thanks
Derfish

W

windeguy

I have used Felix Mercado and he is excellent. Everyone on the north coast speaks highly of him.

If the documents need to be legally translated, find out if they need to be legalized in the Procuraduria. That cost is $700 RD per document. For government purposes out of country documens need an Apostille, translation into Spanish by a legal translator, and authentication by the Procuraduria.

L

lisaura06

What if the documents are already translated from the US ? Does it have to be re translated ?

A

Aguaita29

What if the documents are already translated from the US ? Does it have to be re translated ?

If they're for the Ministerio, the documents must be translated by a certified translator in the DR. Plus, the translation must also be legalized at the Procuraduria.
I know people who had docs translated in the U.S. by notaries, only to have to get them translated again here.

L

LaTeacher

Rember you also need your diploma.apostilled.and translated for the legalization process.

In santiago i recommend angela.cruz who is in plaza optimus where pizarelli is on 27 de febrero