Spring break for teens

Efemme

May 26, 2002
[/COLOR]Hi I am 17 years old and my friends and I are thinking about going to DR in mid april next year for our senior spring break. We want to do the traditional "spring break" thing - although we do have parents there we have no restrictions (curfew/alcohol etc) I believe we would be staying in punta cana, we want our spring break to be filled with lots of partying, beaches, and kids between 16 and 20 years old, Is dominican a good place to go this time of year for that? Otherwise, we will go somewhere else but it is always nice to have adults you can trust in the area which isd why DR is such a good choice for us- but we also don't want to have a family vacation ; ) Could you please inform me what DR is like this time of year (mid april)

carrie45

May 25, 2002
spring break

if you are looking for a party scene with lots of teens/young adults, DR is not your place. You will be lucky to find even a few people in Punta Cana under 20 unless they are with their parents. Try Cancun or FL.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No problem finding young men who want to party in the Dominican Republic, but I'm sure your parents wouldn't approve of them.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Grandfather Hillbilly here....

There is no such thing as a Spring Break in the DR, so the younger folks are in school when you are in a Party mode.

Are you saying that your folks live here? Or they are coming here to vacation?

The party city is Boca Chica or Santo Domingo., Or Cabarete on the North Shore, where the Wind surfers hang.

As was mentioned above, Punta Cana seems to cater to an older sector of the population.

However, if you save your money from Spring Break and come down on the Saturday before Palm Sunday, and stay until the Monday after Easter, I think I can guarantee a super party at just about any beach you choose. That is the Dominican Party Week, especially at places like Boca Chica or Puerto Plata....Cabarete, heck any place in the DR except the cities that are emptied out....

HB
needs_a_shave.gif