US based Non-Profit Providing services in DR

S

StaseyA

I will be contacting a lawyer for actual law and clarification but wanted to see what the people have to say....

I operate a small non profit in WA State (incorporated in WA and have 501c3 stays with the US federal government) the extent of the non profit allows for the free services to be provided to anyone in need around the world. All of the grants come from Tribes and corporations in WA and we plan to keep it that way. My question is if we plan to continue to only receive grants from US and to file all required reportings with WA state and IRS.... can I offer the free services/goods in DR. We do not want to have a Dominican non profit, we just want to strictly give free things to the people in DR .... do we have to register as a branch or actually incorporate with the DR government or can we just come and do the good deeds and continue as business as usual?
Thank you!

R

Riva_31

I will be contacting a lawyer for actual law and clarification but wanted to see what the people have to say....

I operate a small non profit in WA State (incorporated in WA and have 501c3 stays with the US federal government) the extent of the non profit allows for the free services to be provided to anyone in need around the world. All of the grants come from Tribes and corporations in WA and we plan to keep it that way. My question is if we plan to continue to only receive grants from US and to file all required reportings with WA state and IRS.... can I offer the free services/goods in DR. We do not want to have a Dominican non profit, we just want to strictly give free things to the people in DR .... do we have to register as a branch or actually incorporate with the DR government or can we just come and do the good deeds and continue as business as usual?
Thank you!

If you want to do it like that then you have to get a brother ONG here that can receive the goods and donte it, otherwise you will have to pay taxes like normal import/export for individuals.

F

Fabio J. Guzman

You can also register your WA non-profit in the DR. The process is cumbersome but we have done it many times.