Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default FoxPack is a great courier!

    Just sent something from Amazon down to Higüey through Foxpack. Ordered on Saturday, arrived in Miami on Monday and received in Higüey Thursday. You send the invoice as a PDF to deal with customs. $3/pound.

    The receiver sets up a local account then you ship to their # in Miami. They just pay for shipping C.O.D..

    Great first time experience and will be using again!

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are there any other couriers at $3 a pound all in for small packages? FoxPack is not available yet in Sosua/Cabarete

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting, is $3 a pound all you pay, everything included?

    Here is a breakdown of what I paid here at EPS Cabarete for a shipment from Miami today, about 58% more. Still, I am very satisfied with EPS and for small packages (~0.5lbs) I pay 160 DOP

    Package weight 8.3 lbs, total cost 2047.81 DOP

    Código Descripción Monto
    016 SERVICIO DGA $70.1
    313 FLETE BROKER $210.36
    032 CARGO COMBUSTIBLE $249.80
    999 ITBIS $194.05
    311 AIRPORT TAX $26.29
    010 PESO $1,078.07
    312 TRANSPORTE TERRESTRE $219.12

    Total $2,047.81

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I use Aeropost....

    Here is my 8lb package delivered to Cabrera

    Description:
    SATELLITE TV RECEIVER
    Declared Value
    $ 85.78 USD
    CIF Value:
    $ 0.00 USD
    Weight:
    3.620 kg / 7.981 lbs




    OUR SERVICES
    Freight$23.75
    Customs Service$1.00
    Fuel$3.56
    Warranty/Returns program$1.50
    Subtotal$29.81

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just picked up a very small package from EPS. Less than 1lb. Cost 113 rd. And with EPS I have never been asked to Email a receipt. But all my packages are less than $200 US. And when delivered in Miami it reaches the DR the next day, and your office the day after.

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default how does this work. DO you have an account with a shipper in miami or do they do it

    Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Interesting, is $3 a pound all you pay, everything included?

    Here is a breakdown of what I paid here at EPS Cabarete for a shipment from Miami today, about 58% more. Still, I am very satisfied with EPS and for small packages (~0.5lbs) I pay 160 DOP

    Package weight 8.3 lbs, total cost 2047.81 DOP

    Código Descripción Monto
    016 SERVICIO DGA $70.1
    313 FLETE BROKER $210.36
    032 CARGO COMBUSTIBLE $249.80
    999 ITBIS $194.05
    311 AIRPORT TAX $26.29
    010 PESO $1,078.07
    312 TRANSPORTE TERRESTRE $219.12

    Total $2,047.81
    Who do you send it to in Miami?

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How does this work. DO you set up an account in miami with a shipper?

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drperson View Post
    How does this work. DO you set up an account in miami with a shipper?
    You set the account up here. But everything goes to their office in Miami and and then shipped by plane to SD. And then to your office in the city that you are in here.

  9. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The couriers in terms of lowest price

    1) Pinto paq - 153 pesos per pound
    2) Fox pack - 157 pesos per pound
    3) AIM Paq - 165 pesos per pound

  10. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I use Aeropost....

    Here is my 8lb package delivered to Cabrera

    Description:
    SATELLITE TV RECEIVER
    Declared Value
    $ 85.78 USD
    CIF Value:
    $ 0.00 USD
    Weight:
    3.620 kg / 7.981 lbs




    OUR SERVICES
    Freight$23.75
    Customs Service$1.00
    Fuel$3.56
    Warranty/Returns program$1.50
    Subtotal$29.81
    what is Warranty/Returns program$1.50

    do they ship back to USA for free if you have to return an item? If so, this rate is a bargain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •