places to shop in santiago?

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
Hello,

I am going to the DR (confresi)next week and am going to go to santiago for the day. Can anybody recommend things to do there? Are there good places to shop,clothes,art,cigars? What about restaurants,bars? Does anybody know how far it is by car from Cofresi?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago, the heart of the Country

We have lots of places to shop, depending on what you want to get.

There are a couple of "secret" places that we locals know about, that sell factory over-runs...Dockers, Liz Claibourne etc stuff at deep discounts. Then we have the real stores that sell top of the line stuff.

Cigars? Depends. The Nacional Supermarket has a nice selection and regular retail prices. There are a few places you could go to where you can get good cigars at a good price. For example the Supermercado Central, in back of the Nacional, also has cigars at a better price, but not so many. If you e-mail me, I can tell you more about this.

There is a Casa de Arte in the center of town.

There are five or six nice places to eat, depending on your tastes.

Nuvo Cuisine: Maroma
French: El Caf?
Italian: {Secret place, e-mail for info}
International: Cosa Nostra
Beef: Nano's or La Parrillita or Rancho Luna Steak House
Chinese: Two or three places. Pez Dorada, Jade Express, Cafe Caribe

Good Luck,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
"secret places"

Hello,

If you could give me the names of the "secret" places with overruns I would appreciate it. I promise my computer will self-destruct 30 seconds after I read your post.

Thanks,
Bryan

PS How far is Santiago from Confresi by car.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You gotta e-mail me

Secret means secret..

Cofres? is about 45 minutes to an hour from Santiago, and about another 10 - 15 minutes to the center of town.

YOu go right as you leave Cofres?, and left again when the road comes down to the Highway #1. You enter Santiago from the West. Go straight on that road, and you pass Hache-interesting place to window shop, and they have a nice wine section. Further on that same road (Estrella Sadhal?) you come to Nacional Super Market or Supermercado Central....

HB
needs_a_shave.gif