Value Galore at this Hotel in Punta Cana

M

melphis

That is a really good deal. I found it for $82.00 CDN per night for 2 people. I can barely supply food and drink for ourselves for that. The hotel is an older property that was renovated a few years ago. It is on a beautiful white sand beach and most of its reviews are good

M

melphis

Just tried to book it for Christmas. Went from $82 per night to $900. It's worth the $82 but a far cry from a $900 a night hotel.

K

KyleMackey

Just tried to book it for Christmas. Went from $82 per night to $900. It's worth the $82 but a far cry from a $900 a night hotel.

I am seeing $150.00 on average during the week of Christmas. Trip advisor search.

U

USA DOC

Slightly different animal relative to being an AI in that it is a smaller hotel, and you can walk to a bunch of restaurants, bars, shops etc.

...more hotels are sure to follow...it changes fast...

K

KyleMackey

...more hotels are sure to follow...it changes fast...

There are a bunch of hotels and condo airbnb rentals right around there. Great location if you want to be off of
the reservation and hit up some fun night spots and meet some wonderful local ladies. Supermarket and Pharmacy is right there also.

J

johne

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...a_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

This is a new hotel in Punta Cana. You can get a double room all included for $83 US. Look at the photos. I know the place, it is beyond worth it for this price. Also the same price for Canadian money.

It looks to me like two separate parts to the "hotel". Old and new. For that money the chances are high you are going old. They want your tongue to hang out for the new and come back at the elite level.

M

mobrouser

It looks to me like two separate parts to the "hotel". Old and new. For that money the chances are high you are going old. They want your tongue to hang out for the new and come back at the elite level.

If you read the reviews that is exactly what people are saying. Booked at a bargain rate, got there and found their room was in the old section and faced significant $ cost to upgrade. From the photos posted the old rooms looked dodgy.

T

TropicalPaul

Dreams Palm Beach is a proper 4 / 5 star all-inclusive resort and was selling for US$ 89 per night all-inclusive for TWO PEOPLE last weekend. This is for stays now, but it's incredible value. I was talking to a friend who is a chef in an AI in Bavaro yesterday and he said that they went down to 50 rooms occupied (out of more than 1,000) last week. It's very worrying.

J

johne

I said all included in my post. Yes it is an AI.

And the price of $83 for a double is NOW. Not during high season. So go now or pass.

Now $62. On Bookings. "Breakfast included". No mention of AI

L

ljmesg

Dreams Palm Beach is a proper 4 / 5 star all-inclusive resort and was selling for US$ 89 per night all-inclusive for TWO PEOPLE last weekend. This is for stays now, but it's incredible value. I was talking to a friend who is a chef in an AI in Bavaro yesterday and he said that they went down to 50 rooms occupied (out of more than 1,000) last week. It's very worrying.
Tourism has been decimated by fake news. It is so unfortunate. Its going to take awhile to revive.

U

USA DOC

If you read the reviews that is exactly what people are saying. Booked at a bargain rate, got there and found their room was in the old section and faced significant $ cost to upgrade. From the photos posted the old rooms looked dodgy.

….when you arrive before you check in....ask to see your room...if its a older one ask for a newer one...always works for me...……..Doc...….

C

Caonabo

….when you arrive before you check in....ask to see your room...if its a older one ask for a newer one...always works for me...……..Doc...….

Bravo. The golden standard in traveling...…"He who does not ask, shall not receive".
You are 1000% correct.