Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    It looks to me like two separate parts to the "hotel". Old and new. For that money the chances are high you are going old. They want your tongue to hang out for the new and come back at the elite level.
    If you read the reviews that is exactly what people are saying. Booked at a bargain rate, got there and found their room was in the old section and faced significant $ cost to upgrade. From the photos posted the old rooms looked dodgy.

2. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I said all included in my post. Yes it is an AI.

And the price of $83 for a double is NOW. Not during high season. So go now or pass.
    Then that is a good deal

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dreams Palm Beach is a proper 4 / 5 star all-inclusive resort and was selling for US$ 89 per night all-inclusive for TWO PEOPLE last weekend. This is for stays now, but it's incredible value. I was talking to a friend who is a chef in an AI in Bavaro yesterday and he said that they went down to 50 rooms occupied (out of more than 1,000) last week. It's very worrying.

5. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Republic.html

The price is down to $65 now. Booking.com had it.

As far as the rooms go, someone I know was there for the cheap price and had a brand new room.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I said all included in my post. Yes it is an AI.

And the price of $83 for a double is NOW. Not during high season. So go now or pass.
    Now $62. On Bookings. "Breakfast included". No mention of AI

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    Dreams Palm Beach is a proper 4 / 5 star all-inclusive resort and was selling for US$ 89 per night all-inclusive for TWO PEOPLE last weekend. This is for stays now, but it's incredible value. I was talking to a friend who is a chef in an AI in Bavaro yesterday and he said that they went down to 50 rooms occupied (out of more than 1,000) last week. It's very worrying.
    Tourism has been decimated by fake news. It is so unfortunate. Its going to take awhile to revive.

9. Likes USA DOC liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobrouser View Post
    If you read the reviews that is exactly what people are saying. Booked at a bargain rate, got there and found their room was in the old section and faced significant $ cost to upgrade. From the photos posted the old rooms looked dodgy.
    ….when you arrive before you check in....ask to see your room...if its a older one ask for a newer one...always works for me...……..Doc...….

11. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ….when you arrive before you check in....ask to see your room...if its a older one ask for a newer one...always works for me...……..Doc...….
    Bravo. The golden standard in traveling...…"He who does not ask, shall not receive".
    You are 1000% correct.

13. Likes USA DOC liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12