• Thread starter El Rey de Mangu
  • Start date

Has anyone sent remittances using World Remit?

M

Matilda

I get paid by clients often who use world remit. You tell them which bank - BHD Leon shorter queues than Banreservas and just go and pick it up with cedula and the number they give you. They can also send direct to a Banreservas account. Only issues have been they don't like more than US$1,000. Be warned, have had several problems recently with Caribe Express where they say there is an issue with the money that although the receipt has the right name, it is supposedly wrong in the system. When you go to another Caribe Express office, there is no problem, and word on the street is that Caribe Express are having issues.

Matilda

E

El Rey de Mangu

I get paid by clients often who use world remit. You tell them which bank - BHD Leon shorter queues than Banreservas and just go and pick it up with cedula and the number they give you. They can also send direct to a Banreservas account. Only issues have been they don't like more than US$1,000. Be warned, have had several problems recently with Caribe Express where they say there is an issue with the money that although the receipt has the right name, it is supposedly wrong in the system. When you go to another Caribe Express office, there is no problem, and word on the street is that Caribe Express are having issues.

Matilda

Thanks Matilda, good to know!

J

johne

Matilda
Are the "issues" on the DR side?

M

Matilda

To be honest I don't know. People have gone to try and send money via Caribe Express and been told to return another day, and when I received money they said the name was wrong in the system - which it wasn't. According to the office who sent it, they said Caribe often said that when they didn't have enough money to hand over. No idea if that is true.

Matilda

J

johne

To be honest I don't know. People have gone to try and send money via Caribe Express and been told to return another day, and when I received money they said the name was wrong in the system - which it wasn't. According to the office who sent it, they said Caribe often said that when they didn't have enough money to hand over. No idea if that is true.

Matilda
Not to put a jinx on myself I have had not one bad experience with them since I quit using WU. After the first visit sender needs nothing but his telephone number for his account, who to, and cash. You can do a transaction in 5 minutes. On the DR side show ID and if it was set up right ie; both names match up, you're good to go.

J

johne

Edited to add: One letter spelled incorrectly in a name on either side will stop the transfer. Just like a password spelled wrong.

C

chico bill

How do their fees and exchange rate compare to Xoom

C

chico bill

The exchange is a function of the pickup end, not the app.
Not true. Xoom and all other apps make money off fees and exchange rates. You do not get the same exchange rate dollars to pesos when using Xoom or Remit from Carribe Express as the rates they use for other transactions

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

S

suarezj519

I've always used xoom to send money, and always do through caribe express. There's been some times where I'm sending and all the info is correct on xoom side and completely wrong on caribe express side. Example. I send money to Cotui, Sánchez Ramírez... Ends up sometimes in Cabarete... I honestly don't know why. If you send generally to Santo Domingo you can go to any caribe express but any other place you have to wait for them to transfer the money to that specific caribe express. Also, I always send in USD as they exchange it right there anyways with much better exchange rate.