• Thread starter william webster
  • Start date

Jet Blue - POP

W

william webster

Just booked my wife---- Oct 22 - JFK to POP

$198 one way is the bare bones price.... add $30 or so for the extra leg room... 30 more for select seats
But you get a free bag and expedited lines in addition to the space upgrade

UAL had ZERO POP flights except Saturdays in that period of October - no weekdays

They all seem to throttle back in slow season

My AA - SDQ to PHL flight - was pushed back 2 weeks from Dec 7 to the 21st for resuming the service

B

badpiece33

Flights to and from the USA to both POP and PUJ are all empty. I guess the BS stories from earlier this year are having a toll on the tourist market. STI flights still almost all full

T

Tom0910

A friend of mine came in a few days ago JFK-POP on Jetblue,there were 15 people onboard.

Z

zoomzx11

$198 one way is the bare bones price.... add $30 or so for the extra leg room... 30 more for select seats

UAL had ZERO POP flights except Saturdays in that period of October - no weekdays

My AA - SDQ to PHL flight - was pushed back 2 weeks from Dec 7 to the 21st for resuming the service

Good luck.
My experience with the discount airlines was not go great.
Tried to warn my wife but she would not listen.
Twice she ended up sleeping in airports in strange cities.
Returned from her mini vacation looking like her passport photo.
I was very solicitous and never mentioned it.
In about a year or so I might bring it up.

W

william webster

Zoom
I have JetBlue numerous times .... I quite like them
just not the JFK part - prefer EWR

They will be flying to the UK in a year or two

D

Dr_Taylor

A friend of mine came in a few days ago JFK-POP on Jetblue,there were 15 people onboard.
That is astounding. I never had a JetBlue flight that was not at least 80% full, even in low season.

D

Dr_Taylor

Good luck.
My experience with the discount airlines was not go great.
Tried to warn my wife but she would not listen.
Twice she ended up sleeping in airports in strange cities.
Returned from her mini vacation looking like her passport photo.
I was very solicitous and never mentioned it.
In about a year or so I might bring it up.
I would not place JetBlue in the same category as the typical discount airline. JetBlue does not nickel and dime you, although you can purchase a seat with more room with accompanying expedited screening. The typical discount airlines charge for everything, including snacks. Rest assured, bathroom use remains free at the current time. :squareeye

J

jstarebel

I just paid $700. RT for my wife to fly from Miami to POP on A/A. Jet Blue didn't offer anything to POP. Great price WW.

W

william webster

AA and the MIA route is the killer.

My friends in Cabrera drive to SDQ to fly MIA - seems to be much cheaper....worth the 2 hr trip

W

william webster

No... didn't see any Doritos

My flight was PHL-MIA-POP

The walk in that terminal from end to end is a looong one

Gate 56 to gate 5..........yikes
I didn't know about the train - duh!!?

S

singletravel

I live on the North Coast, flying sti-mia for 168 (one way) tomorrow and 12,500 miles returning from mia to pop in two weeks. The pop to mia was like 400 one way (Jesus, why not start a FLL to pop on jet Blue for some competition). Bummmer is flight leaves at 7 AM, but I noticed in Dec the sti-mia will leave at 8:30 (acceptable).

singletravel ....

U

USA DOC

Zoom
I have JetBlue numerous times .... I quite like them
just not the JFK part - prefer EWR

They will be flying to the UK in a year or two

...JFK. is constantly been rated the worst in the USA...and I agree...…..

J

jstarebel

I live on the North Coast, flying sti-mia for 168 (one way) tomorrow and 12,500 miles returning from mia to pop in two weeks. The pop to mia was like 400 one way (Jesus, why not start a FLL to pop on jet Blue for some competition). Bummmer is flight leaves at 7 AM, but I noticed in Dec the sti-mia will leave at 8:30 (acceptable).

singletravel ....

I've done the Jet Blue FLL-STI flight before.. Never again.. I'd rather pay A/A the extra money to POP.. Talk about "flying the red-eye"..