Vimenpaq Courier Service: First Problem

L

Lucas61

Hello All:

Per suggestions of members here, I switched to Vimenpaq from Logicpaq about a year ago and have picked up > 50 packages from Vimenpaq without a problem.

Until now. Vimenpaq has added a new "hop" or location for packages. It is called Recibido Bodega Destino.
I have important prescription medications that have been stuck there for a week and other items stuck there for five days. Other items coming are in queue and I hope they also do not get stuck there.

Thus far, no response to my email and no response to Whatsapp. I will try calling tomorrow.

I am posting this as a heads-up to Vimenpaq users and also to ask if anyone else at the forum has had the same problem.

It seems like everything was working great until some idiot decided to fix what wasn't broken and threw a wrench into the whole damn works.

Good-bye Vimenpaq? I hope I don't have to look for yet another courier service . . .

C

caribmike

Recibido Bodega Destino

This is not Vimenpaq this is customs what does hold stuff there.

First step after arrival in SDQ is
PACKAGE ARRIVED AT AIRPORT WAREHOUSE/Paquete recibido Almacen Aeropuerto

There it waits for clearance from customs.

Second step is:
ARRIVED AT DESTINATION / Recibido en destino

which does mean it is out of customs.

This happens same day and next day after that I have my stuff.

I do not order medicaments though. Maybe it is because of that.

Still no problems with Vimenpaq in all the years I am with them and hundreds, almost 1000 packages.

F

franco1111

Vimenpaq recently helped me get a package through aduanas. It was my first one since end of July when it started that you must be registered with aduanas to receive packages here. I had registered. But, aduanas apparently did not find my registration. They told Vimenpaq I had to register. So, I registered again. Using passport instead of cedula. You might be getting caught up in some regstristration problem? Or increased vigilance by aduanas? I cannot image aduanas being called Bodega, but anything is possible : )

C

chico bill

They all seem to have problems from time to time.
For me EncargoPaq seems the best with cheapest rates, but their software is not so great

R

Riva_31

They all seem to have problems from time to time.
For me EncargoPaq seems the best with cheapest rates, but their software is not so great

Go to Vimenpaq office with the prescriptions of your medicine, custom stoped for sure, also if you didnt do it yet you must be registred as user of the currier with the custom, that also will meke stop the shipment, not sure if the limit day expired to receive without being registred.

You can do it here if you missed that registration https://www.aduanas.gob.do/de-interés/consultas/registro-courier/

S

SKY

Not sure how the rates here compare with others, but EPS has excellent service. Not necessary to submit by Email any invoice on under $200 items, Emails to you when the package arrives in Miami, ships to SD, and is on the way to your location, and the last one as soon as it is scanned and ready for pick up. I have used them for about 15 or more years in different cities and never lost a package. Also when the package arrives in Miami it is shipped the next day to SD, and the day after you will have it.

I am sure that they have a hook in Aduanas, as things are out the same day they arrive.

R

Riva_31

Not sure how the rates here compare with others, but EPS has excellent service. Not necessary to submit by Email any invoice on under $200 items, Emails to you when the package arrives in Miami, ships to SD, and is on the way to your location, and the last one as soon as it is scanned and ready for pick up. I have used them for about 15 or more years in different cities and never lost a package. Also when the package arrives in Miami it is shipped the next day to SD, and the day after you will have it.

I am sure that they have a hook in Aduanas, as things are out the same day they arrive.

I use EPS, very good services, EPS has an average of 200.00 pesos per pound with packages over 1 pound, less than 1 pound i have paid in a range of 50.00 to 95.00 pesos depending the size, but yes they have very good service, but sometimes they ask for invoice, I had to send one time an invoice to them.

S

SKY

I use EPS, very good services, EPS has an average of 200.00 pesos per pound with packages over 1 pound, less than 1 pound i have paid in a range of 50.00 to 95.00 pesos depending the size, but yes they have very good service, but sometimes they ask for invoice, I had to send one time an invoice to them.

When Aduanas first started their unsuccessful campaign to stop the under $200 free they wanted invoices. But that was years ago. When was the last time you sent an invoice?

R

Riva_31

When Aduanas first started their unsuccessful campaign to stop the under $200 free they wanted invoices. But that was years ago. When was the last time you sent an invoice?

like 6 months ago, more or less.

D

DR_Guy

I had same issue with EPS. Customs doesnt have your new registration in the system. Your going to have to have some one fix this. Your going to have to call and probably go to their office.

E

etolw

Agree, very good experience with EPS. Used them for about 25 packets last three months.
If you receive packets aduana might think is above the $200 usd value or for commercial use, it is advisable to log in to your EPS account and use their «Pre notify» system to submit tracking number and the invoice once the packet is shipped before it arrives to aduana/customs.
Then the invoice is already there for aduana to look at when the packet arrives, ensures a smooth ride through aduana.

You can also see the status and location of your packets online when logged in to EPS.

R

Riva_31

Agree, very good experience with EPS. Used them for about 25 packets last three months.
If you receive packets aduana might think is above the $200 usd value or for commercial use, it is advisable to log in to your EPS account and use their «Pre notify» system to submit tracking number and the invoice once the packet is shipped before it arrives to aduana/customs.
Then the invoice is already there for aduana to look at when the packet arrives, ensures a smooth ride through aduana.

You can also see the status and location of your packets online when logged in to EPS.

They also has an app for Android and IOs

L

Lucas61

OP Sum-up on Vimenpaq

Hello All,

My problem with Vimenpaq is resolved. It turned out to be a "bump in the road" rather than "The sky is falling."
However, this problem does point to the imbecility of many D.R. businesses that have a penchant for creating problems, admitting to them, if you're lucky, but not fixing them.

Turns out that Vimenpaq invented another name for a place for me to pick up my packages at Sambil. So now there are two locations per my website account but both locations are the same place. One would never know.
I received a next day response on Whatsapp that resolved same. I also called their number, had almost no hold time, and staff was very efficient. I was told that this was a Vimenpaq error. Will it be fixed? Probably not. But since I now have the inside information on their make-no-sense procedure, I'm good.

My issue never had anything to do with La Aduana. Also I am almost always asked for an invoice; this takes me less than a minute to upload.

I am keeping your recommendations for EPS in mind, should Vimenpaq ever crash and burn. Meanwhile, I'm staying with them.