Police Report required

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Hi all, I am in need of a Police Report from the Dominican Republic covering the dates while I lived outside of the United Kingdom.
I have my old cedulas/residency's.
Can anyone who has been through the procedure please tell me how I go about obtaining the document, I am not in the DR at the moment so could I get a friend to obtain it on my behalf. Also, can it be obtained from the Court building in Puerto Plata, if not is there another place on the North Coast where it can be done?
The Dominican Embassy in London use a company to provide this service that is privately owned (not affiliated with the Dominican Government in any way) that charges over $150 USD.

Many thanks

J&T

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I doubt a Buena Conducta is what's needed....

A statement of time spent in the country....NOT in the UK
Sounds like an Immigration letter to me.

I would get a lawyer....for advice.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Exactly what CFA said. You can pay online with a credit card, or get someone to go to Banreservas and pay the RD$600 and give you the receipt number. If it does not work as your cedula is expired, then the person will need a copy of your passport and obtain it from the fiscalia in Puerto Plata. I have a funny feeling they may need two photographs as well, if you are not in the country and if it is for consular purposes. Be warned, if you have any outstanding traffic fines you cannot receive a buena conducta until they are paid.

Matilda

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
J&T,
The buena conducta is available online now at https://portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do/CertificadoNoAntecedentesPenales/VisualizarCNAP

You can pay the fee first at https://portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do/comprarenlinea/ The fee is 600 pesos and you can print it out online.

If your cedula is expired, not sure if you’ll get it or not without you or someone visiting a government office.

For you this is the best option, online, first you must be registred in the PGR webpage, so fallow the steps, pay the fee with a credit card and print it, the document come with 2 verifications codes that can certify that you have original document.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I read the post as proving absence from the UK for specific period

A Buena Conducta won't be proof of that.....IMO

The stamps in the passport speak for the time here in RD

I have been through this - Twice

1995 I filed an Exit Return in Canada - equivalent to a Death Return

More recently, the IRS challenged me.... I had to go through my passports stamps to prove them wrong

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
It's for a job where I'll be working with children in the UK. It's rightfully a minimum requirement. I have also applied for one in the UK that will cover me from the time I left school.
Thanks for all of your input, maybe I should have been for specific.