Strength for the Journey Duck Run

L

LindseyKaufman

Strength for the Journey is a foundation that provides educational opportunities at no cost to poor children. We are located in Jamao, just a short distance from Cabarete. We invite you to come to Jamao and participate in our Duck Run fundraiser. You can purchase a floating duck for 200 pesos at our Center for Sharing in Jamao, or contact me and I will see that a duck is delivered to you. There are great prizes, whether you will win or lose. Best of all, you will be able to experience the river and culture of Jamao. All proceeds go directly to the Strength for the Journey programs and materials. As a director, I am an unpaid, full time volunteer. Please join the fun!!!

Lindsey

D

DR Solar

Hello Lindsey. You have been here for awhile and have always tried your best.

200 pesos for a duck. That's a deal! I'll mail you and buy a few to give to the kids and whom ever shows up. IF any win.. they get the prize.

As I remember, you have a place in Sousa. Please give me the location so we can get this done.

Kind and respected regards, DR Solar.

L

LindseyKaufman

Hello Lindsey. You have been here for awhile and have always tried your best.

200 pesos for a duck. That's a deal! I'll mail you and buy a few to give to the kids and whom ever shows up. IF any win.. they get the prize.

As I remember, you have a place in Sousa. Please give me the location so we can get this done.

Kind and respected regards, DR Solar.

Thank you so very much for your support. Jamao is somewhat isolated and poor. It is not easy to fund raise here, and the needs are so great. 200 pesos may sound like nothing to most, but to the people in Jamao it represents a meal. We will do just what you suggest with your donation......give some ducks to poor kids whose parents cannot afford to give them the 200 pesos to buy a duck......and with this donation, we may just actually make money on this event!

Heartfelt thanks!

Lindsey

C

ctrob

I'm down for 5 Donated Ducks. I'm not currently on the island, is there somewhere I can send you funds? Paypal, venmo?

A

AlterEgo

Lindsey, if payments/contributions can be made online, please post a link to PayPal.

L

LindseyKaufman

Thanks so much! I appreciate your support!!! You can donate via PayPal through our website. Just click the DONATE button and it takes you directly to PayPal.

http://www.sftjourney.org

Lindsey

L

LindseyKaufman

Thanks to you all. THAT is Strength for the Journey!

If you ever want to have an interesting day (or morning or afternoon), contact me. In addition to our Jamao learning center and Centro de Compartir (donation center where locals trade their items for donations), we teach in 7 small one room schoolhouses, far off the mountain road. Without a 4 wheel drive vehicle you could not visit some of these schools. Each tiny community has its own little culture and personality. The schools are precious.......well.....it's the children who are precious.

We teach Genki English - which is a program where English is taught using vocabulary, songs, actions, and games. And we teach a mixture of art, math (through games), stories/writing, and problem solving.

We are 2 hours in each school. I would be thrilled to have any of you come and see. If interested, message me.

Lindsey

D

DR Solar

Hi Lindsey. Saw the paypal so my/our donation is in your bank. Don't think you will need that many ducks thou. I'm sure you know what to do.

Thanks for what you have been doing for some time now. Recognition and gratitude are difficult to obtain, especially in your field of work, but you have gained ours.

Best wishes.

D

DR Solar

What I don't see Lindsey... Is location, date and time for the duck run.

L

LindseyKaufman

What I don't see Lindsey... Is location, date and time for the duck run.

It is there in the sign. At the river in Jamao. November 17. At 3:00 p.m.
we are hoping that rains and current are sufficient that it can take place right at and under the bridge. We watch water levels and currents every day in anticipation. Should the water be iffy under the bridge, we will post signs to the go to location just
beyone the bridge.

Aug 21, 2007
This Sunday at 3:00 is the Duck Race in Jamao at the Jamao bridge. Some ducks should still be available for purchase on the day of the event. We have great prizes for winners and losers including 2 nights stay for 2 at Casa Marina, an inverter and batteries, a television, a cash prize, a Jamao Eco Tours tour for 4, a 4 wheeler tour, bluetooth speaker, tablet, and more!!!

Excitement is building and we would love to have you join us on Sunday afternoon.

And thank you to the DR1 generous donors. We gave the ducks you donated to the children in the campo schools where we teach. Each duck is numbered and we have maintained a record of all numbers with names. Your name is next to the child's. We will let you know if you and your child were winners!

If you cannot attend, but would like to purchase a duck please message me and we will find a way to get one to you.

And thanks for being our Strength for the Journey!

Lindsey Kaufman

http://sftjourney.org

Aug 21, 2007
Duck Run is tomorrow at 3:00 pm at the bridge in Jamao. Many, many thanks to the numerous people from Sosua who bought and donated ducks. Your ducks will compete in the race and we will notify you if you or the child who received your donated duck wins.

Anng has a list of the donors she solicited along with the duck numbers. If you are interested in the number of your duck, contact her.

Again, many, many thanks. Your participation will help to make this a great event. And thank you to Anng for selling ducks in Sosua.

Together, we are Strength for the Journey.

Lindsey

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Lindsey I think you are the Strength in Strength for the Journey for all the lives you are changing and the amazing work you do!

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks to all who contributed to our Duck Run. What a day it was! Never did we expect that so many people would come to watch and participate. Thank you, especially, to the people from dr1 and Sosua who bought ducks and then donated them to kids. Your generosity allowed children from remote campos to participate in the fun.

https://web.facebook.com/kaufmanlindsey/posts/10214758437657762?__xts__[0]=68.ARDpY3gD-SW-94yAgWyWUzoEBnp-NmVnQiL09ylpJWtJqMxDkWeIrFyBk5ForV2GQgrQvHX0v6UR3fBz3ZdPezO9Ys0LWwUmbr-jzneM0dgrw7wkdC5VdzBZvb05XuG5C0gJH9aeMojB2O8eNbERlc0L3DSzLKdZqbqEWr6jD107h3KFhvGtwiX7pFmFW3UkQb2PYUCh26nvlGTrrD36BQmoyRhO3dtnsAX2W2_uEpfhwV5w&__tn__=-R

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds like a "win-win" for everyone. Congratulations for what you, your team, kids and families have done. Thanks for you you do.