Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was fraud, and if there was fraud it was so elaborate that it would be impossible to prove.

The DM/GC camp knew that in case of winning LF camp would raise hell. That's because LF had been proclaiming winner weeks and months before elections. In circumstances when you know that all hell would break loose, you do not commit fraud, because if exposed, it would be a huge stain, a disgrace, for the current government. And DM was not going to permit that. They were going to buy votes (which they did) and do everything humanly possibly for GC to win, but I do not believe that knowing what was about to come, they would commit a fraud which could then be proved later making the whole DM/GC camp look as fraudsters. I do not believe they would be dumb enough (knowing the strategist DM is) to not expect the hell after elections, and they must have counted with possible manual recount of votes. I simply do not believe that under such circumstances they would do electronic vote fraud. As I said, buying votes yes, direct fraud, no.

2. Likes bachata, Squat liked this post
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XTraveller View Post
    So the senator for San Pedro will change......What about the mayor (sindico) of Guayacanes-Juan Dolio were they in the primaries?

Can you explain the situation in Gauyacanes-Juan Dolio I am confuse.
    Thank You

Xtraveller
    These were primaries, not the final elections. The PLD candidate for Senator for the province of San Pedro de Macoris will not be the current senator, Josecito Hazim, but will be Franklin Peña. As far as the mayor of Guayananes/Juan Dolio is concerned, the final results have not yet been published but I understand that Chocho will be the PLD candidate and Noel the PRM candidate. I do not think the current mayor, John Hazim will be running again.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been various examples presented of documents from polling stations with 2-3 times the amount of votes than voters (I beleive one in PP is one of them) so something is off.

In the cases I've seen in the press they are presenting official Junta documents with the descrepancies.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    There have been various examples presented of documents from polling stations with 2-3 times the amount of votes than voters (I beleive one in PP is one of them) so something is off.

In the cases I've seen in the press they are presenting official Junta documents with the descrepancies.
    To my understanding from what I have seen published, all discrepancies in the number of votes were on the municipal level and were from displays on JCE website (after running the query). That would point to some display mechanism / calculation being wrong (website database processing error) rather than a system issue with the voting system itself.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    I don't think there was fraud, and if there was fraud it was so elaborate that it would be impossible to prove.

The DM/GC camp knew that in case of winning LF camp would raise hell. That's because LF had been proclaiming winner weeks and months before elections. In circumstances when you know that all hell would break loose, you do not commit fraud, because if exposed, it would be a huge stain, a disgrace, for the current government. And DM was not going to permit that. They were going to buy votes (which they did) and do everything humanly possibly for GC to win, but I do not believe that knowing what was about to come, they would commit a fraud which could then be proved later making the whole DM/GC camp look as fraudsters. I do not believe they would be dumb enough (knowing the strategist DM is) to not expect the hell after elections, and they must have counted with possible manual recount of votes. I simply do not believe that under such circumstances they would do electronic vote fraud. As I said, buying votes yes, direct fraud, no.
    History repeats it self, same happened to PRSC and PRD internal division help the opposition.
    After many years in the house all Dominican parties start to deteriorate...

I am so happy!

JJ

7. Likes Squat liked this post
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

The results of the primaries have now been published. The manual count of 100% of the votes matched the computer count. The results are available on the jce webpage. Gonzalo Castillo still won the PLD presidential nomination and Leonel Fernandez still lost.

https://jce.gob.do/Noticias/pleno-em...neas-pld-y-prm

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456